You and Me

TW: Swearing

This chapter will contain sexual content!

I had dreamt of desert skies.

The wilderness reaching further than my eyes could see, with the sand itching across my skin.

I stood alone, the heat against my brow, sweat cascading down into waterfalls with the weight of poison in my hand.

I gripped the bag of crystal blue product with security. So recognizable to my eyes that I could know it blind. But yet, my body remained solid, a statue in the wind as if waiting for a means to an end.

No sooner, had I recognized my surroundings did the environment change.

The dirt replaced with the shine of bones. Miles and miles of skeletons, each clutching the crystal in their fingers, the only color in the barren wasteland.

I didn't move, not even when my once empty hand, intertwined its fingers with ones stained in blood—looking at the familiar tattoo, as my eyes shot open into reality.

Jesse's house was still un-furnished, laying on the quilts and sleeping bags he had thrown down into a makeshift bed. The two of us not saying a word to one another for the entirety of the night. The event's of yesterday still fresh in our minds.

But here I laid, covered in the bagginess of his pajamas, my head against his pillow, and his arm draped over the curve of my spine. So effortlessly that it felt destined to be.

My head spun around to face him, both our eyes shifting between each other's gaze and the door close by. Where outside, two voices spoke against one another, pressuring a still half-asleep Jesse in standing to open the door.

I groaned into the pillow at the sight of who entered, his judgemental glare, seeping into the back of my skull.

"I'm not even going to ask." He muttered , and I turned away to answer with a yawn.

" Good, I didn't feel the need to explain." Jesse's body settled back in beside my own. Me laying on my stomach with him sitting forwards, waiting for Mr. White to explain his reasoning for showing up.

" Is this what you two have been doing the entire time that I've been calling?" He spits in almost disdain, Jesse moving to object before I could.

" No. We've been taking care of business. The business you put me on asshole... What? You already forgot?" I turned onto my back once Jesse stomped over to the kitchen, watching him toss the gun atop the counter haphazardly, and Mr. White's gaze shifts into realization.

" Huh? Does that jog your memory? You son of a bitch." The look of horror on his face was like whiplash. Like we were the monsters for carrying out his bidding. As if we were the ones, who went too far.

"You didn't actually-"

" You said handle it, and guess what we did." Jesse's irritation wafted off in waves of heat, feeling the warmth tickle my arm when he moved back into the sitting position.

" When I said handle it, I meant fear and intimidation, I meant get the money back. I certainly never meant for you two to murder somebody!" I found myself smirking for some unknown reason. Mr. White's face had gone red from yelling when I moved to finally sit my body beside Jesse's.