The Criminal Way

TW: Violence, Swearing, Mentions of Death

Tonight, the first night I slept in the arms of Jesse Pinkman, was a night that held no nightmares. The cars passed slowly outside when the sun arose in the sky, my legs tangled with his, pressing the tattoos of my back against his chest. 

I was awake but my consciousness was telling me not to move, my eyes flicking over to the flat-screen TV that showcased the local news. Something about a new park being implemented near the city center. The words slowly drifting away when his arms grew tighter around my waist.

"Your TV is working," I tell, a sleepy groan vibrating over my neck as I stifled a laugh. Wiggling until my body stood straight, ignoring his yawns and sighs as I stretched my limbs, earning various cracks of my bones shifting. Throwing on my tattered clothes, I moved to the kitchen, pouring some orange juice, whilst preparing coffee for Jesse. Knowing his preferred bitter taste was opposite to my sweet tooth.

My bare feet paced over the hardwood until I was encompassed in the outdoors, sitting on his back porch to watch the sun rise slowly over the cityscape. I had never felt more at ease with my existence, furthered by the delicate arms that wrapped around my body from behind, fueling the calm that surrounded us.

"Thank you for the coffee." His fingers traced smoothly over the visible marks on my neck, goosebumps arising over my arms at the seductive motion.

"God, I'm never gonna get used to this." I wanted to agree, but his lips replaced his fingers and my body folded backwards into his grasp. His teeth outlining the sinful bites he had given hours ago with a prideful smile.

" Jesse..." I warned, lacking conviction when my hands which clutch the glass of liquid begin to shake in eagerness. His head fully turning to catch my lips in a solid act of need, encapsulating yesterday's memory into one single action. 

So long, had we stared at one another in silent yearning, dancing around the spark that never diminished. But now, when we held no more fear of diving headfirst into each other's grasp, it was almost impossible to let go. Jesse's hands reaching to pull me close by the belt of my pants. forcing more contact that left us breathless. 

 I was addicted to the toxicity of his being, that I let him dig his fingers into the flesh of my back, engrossed in his addictive nature that we ignored the phone ringing loudly against the walls. So close to giving in, if not for the voice that spoke out loud, bringing our hazy minds out of the void.

"Jesse, we have business to discuss, so answer your damn phone for once.  You and Elizabeth need to be taking this seriously." We consecutively roll our eyes at Mr. White's stern nature, letting one last kiss escape before we walk hand in hand indoors. For business always seems to come before pleasure.

☠☠☠

"So, should I get used to this...?" Mr. White's finger flicks to point itself between Jesse and I, the machine whirring in the background, which counted the money of our crimes.

" I don't know what you're referring to Mr. White," I stated, ignoring the smug smile of my partner, which gave off the opposite effect of my words. Mr. White hummed in thought, not truly believing he cared about our romantic endeavors.

" See, ten thousand even, same as last time," Jesse spoke proudly, dissipating the older man's fears of us counting wrong.

"All of us, are going feed this machine. I want it running 24 hours a day." He ordered as we looked at the stacks of cash that lined the countertop in Jesse's home.