Chapter 19

"I can't do this." My eyes are closed shut and I have to take deep breaths to slow my heart from beating so fast.

"Yes, you can. And you will." I open my eyes to see Greyson's caring brown eyes staring into mine. My heart flutters at the remembrance of what had happened last night. Not only had I gotten the most perfect first kiss a girl could ever ask for, it was with an amazing guy as well. Of course, we were absolutely soaking wet when we made it inside the building again. Ironic how by the time we had met up with Lisa, the rain had completely disappeared, and you could see crystal clear. Leave it to us to find ourselves in the pouring rain when Greyson could've, oh I don't know, perhaps STORMED OFF A FEW MINUTES LATER? But ah well, I suppose it added a certain romantic aspect to the situation, so I'll take what I can get.

Now it's finally Monday, the day I've been waiting for, for the past few weeks. I'm sitting in my dressing room at The Ellen Show set. I hadn't even met Ellen yet; some people that worked here pulled me into my dressing room the minute I arrived, followed by a makeup artist and a costume designer. One pushed me into the big director-looking chair and started putting cover-up on me while the other held up some outfits for me to choose from, saying that if I didn't make a quick decision that she'd pick for me. Jeez, I always imagined the people who worked for Ellen would be extra peachy nice and stuff. Whatever, I guess they've got a strict schedule to stick to.

Of course, me being the fidgety person I am, I kept blinking or moving away when the makeup artist lady tried putting mascara on me. What? I don't want a lady I just met poking pointy things near my eye. Sue me! As for my clothing, all of the lady's options were dresses. I think the last thing you should put me in for when I'm going on national television is an article of clothing that you can easily see up because quite frankly, I have a horrible memory and forget to close my legs easily. But I guess it'll have to do.

Greyson and Lisa sat patiently on the couch near the door throughout my full on makeover I seemed to have been getting. After the two ladies had decided there was not much more they could do with my ugliness, they left and in came the producer. He sat me down on the couch next to Greyson and his mom and stood in front of us, looking down at his clipboard.

"Okay, it's 1:48 right now. Ellen's going to come onstage in a few minutes now. First, we're doing a public prank with Amy. Then we've got a clumbsy thumbsy bit. We're doing something with the audience then. Cody Simpson comes after that-"

My eyes bulge. "Wait, Cody Simpson?" I blurt out.

The man glares at me for interrupting. "Yes, he's performing today. Then we end the show off with you."

"Wait... so you're telling me," I sputter out slowly, "Cody Simpson is going on Ellen the same day as I am... and I have to go after him?" The man nods, acting like I'm wasting him time. I probably am, but still, whoa. I've never been a huge fan of Cody's, but damn, how can you not be at least a small one when you've seen his abs? Nah, I'm joking, he's an amazing singer too.

"We'll call you out when it's time for you to go. Wait here and if you need anything, feel free to come outside and ask." The man left and by 2 o'clock we saw the TV in our room light up and Ellen ran onstage with the crowd cheering her on. Forty minutes later and there Cody was, sitting in the interview chairs. My stomach was churning like crazy and I felt like I was gonna burst into tears any second. Sure, the show isn't live, but when it does air on TV, there's gonna be about three million people watching my every move. And no, I didn't look that up... I just... know stuff. Lisa had gone to ask for some water, so that left Greyson and I in the room alone.

I glance over to the TV, ignoring my legs that are violently shaking.

"So, you're going to be performing a song today?" Ellen asks Cody on the TV.