Chapter 21

Chapter 21

            “Just promise you’ll be nice.”

            “Why wouldn’t I be nice?”

            “Never mind that, just promise.”

            “Fine, fine. I promise alright?”

            “Good.” I slipped on my flip flops and ran my fingers through my hair. Lisa was letting Greyson and I hang out with my old camp friend, Matt.  Matt’s a pretty chill guy. There’s really not much to say about him. He’s a lot sweeter and less douchy than any other guy our age, and he’s pretty funny too. He’s got girls swooning after him, but somehow has never had a girlfriend. I’ve never seen him as anything but a friend though.

            We were originally planning to hang out at his house. I told him that I wanted him to meet a friend of mine. I can only hope that he won’t recognize Greyson, but I’ve got a strong feeling he will. Our flight back home is tonight, and just this morning Greyson realized something I was hoping he had forgotten. He remembered how I had mentioned never going to Disneyland before, and insisted on going there instead. An hour of arguing later, we finally agreed on asking Matt to come along, Greyson’s treat. I don’t think Greyson was very happy about that, but oh well. So now Matt’s coming along. And I’m having a bit of a feeling that Jealous Jenny over here is not gonna behave today.

            Lisa grabbed the keys to the rent-a-car and asked if we were ready to go. We were going to pick up Matt from his house and be dropped off at Disneyland. Matt’s house was about a twenty minute drive. I’ve actually been to his house a few times, like last year when my Aunt and Uncle were driving down to Cali and dropped me off at camp, I had to stay over a night after camp was over at his house before we could drive back to Illinois. He lives in a small house really close to LA. When we got to his house, Lisa waited in the car while Greyson and I got out and rang the doorbell.

            “Remember what you promised me. You better me nice.”

            Greyson held his hands up defensively. “Jeez, I said I would already. Chill.”

            The door handle turned a moment later and the door swung open. A tall, thin lady welcomed me at the door. “Alex! Welcome!”

            I grinned back to her and gave her a hug. “Ms. Reed! It’s been so long!”

            Matt’s mom had auburn colored hair and didn’t look a day over thirty, mostly because she had Matt pretty young. She was a pretty laid back type of mom, a lot like Matt was. “Look at you! You’ve grown so much over the past year! You look wonderful dear.” She exclaimed.

            I blushed a bit before I hear the sound of feet stamping down the hall. I peered around Ms. Reed and my grin grew even wider.

            “Matt!”

            “Alex!” Matt’s mom moved away a little where Matt came into view. We hugged for a few seconds before pulling away.

            I scrunched up my nose. “Dude, you smell like aftershave and Cheetos.”

            “You know, I always imagined our reunion would involve you saying that.” We both laughed. His gaze switched from me to Greyson who was standing next to me awkwardly. He looked suspiciously at Greyson. “Has anyone ever told you that you look a hella lot like Greyson Chance?” I internally face palmed myself but couldn’t help but giggle.