Chapter 9

This is probably my favorite chapter. Hope you enjoy <3

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Chapter 9

            Science, lunch, free period, and gym go by fairly quickly. Thankfully, Greyson’s not in my gym class, only in the same period as me. Aw, I was kind of looking forward to one day seeing if his legs are really as pale as he says they are. Ah well, maybe another time. It’s the first day of second semester, so it was the first day of photography class for me. We really didn’t do much except get an overview of the year. Greyson sat in the back and I sat in the front, so no mini freak outs that period. Spanish was boring, as usual.

            As I’m about to put on my coat and walk out the door into sweet, sweet freedom, it dawns on me that I had gotten a detention. Great, just freaking great. I hold my coat in my arms and walk to room 208 where detention is being held. No one else is in there yet. Now that I think about it, there probably won’t be many people considering it’s the first day back from break. I take my iPod out of my bag and pop in my headphones. By habit, I scroll down until I see the name ‘Greyson Chance’ and start blasting songs from his first album.

Cause you keep slipping away, a little bit more everyday now

feels like I'm running in place you keep slipping away away

just when I get you alone it feels like

I'm on my own like the tears running down on your face

you keep slipping away away, you keep slipping away

My eyes drift closed as I turn the volume up even more.

And it only makes me sad to think we almost made it, girl we almost made it

You know as well as I. And I take you in my arms, pull you close to me

But every time I try you keep slipping away a little bit more every day now

 feels like I'm running in place you keep slipping away away

just when I get you alone it feels like I'm on my own like

the tears running down on your face you keep slipping away away you keep slipping away

“EXCUSE ME!” A loud voice screams.

“AAAH!” I scream. I yank out my headphones and look up.

            I see a teacher looking beyond pissed off standing in front of me. “Young lady, I have been telling you to turn your music down for the past five minutes. You have officially lost the privilege,” she says, holding her hand out.

            I sigh and hand her my headphones. Great, what am I supposed to do now? It’s the first day back, the only homework I have involves doing something online.

            I look around the room to see if anyone else has detention. My breath gets caught in my throat when my eyes fall on him, his eyes taunting me while he smirked from his seat in the far corner.

            “Fuck.” I mutter.

            “No swearing young lady!” The lady yells from the front of the classroom. This only makes his smirk grow even more. I whip myself back around and cross my arms across my chest. This is lame. I hate this so much.