ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ

Eddie's hug feels like a warm blanket after you've been left out in the winter snow for hours

Eddie's hug feels like a warm blanket after you've been left out in the winter snow for hours. It's like taking that first sip of hot coffee in the morning, slowly bringing your whole body to life from sleepwalking all night —or all your life. If he can bring you back to life with a single touch, then it's almost incomprehensible to imagine what his kiss could do. It could possibly send you through space and time, forever suspending you in the stars.

Gareth's voice breaks Kenna's thoughts as she's wrapped in Eddie's arms. "Nice to meet you, Kenna." He smiles warmly at her before looking at Eddie. "Eddie didn't tell me he had a girlfriend. He's typically not the dating type." He tilts his head and gives Eddie a suspicious look.

"Well, Kenna is the exception," Eddie says, his breath still warm against Kenna's shoulder. He slowly takes the guitar off Kenna and sets it aside.

Gareth nods slowly and lifts a finger, waving it between Kenna and Eddie. "When did this happen?"

Eddie lets out a heavy sigh and wraps his arm around Kenna, coming to her side. "Not too long ago. I mean, Kenna was pining after me for a while. Right, sweetheart?" He smirks at her.

Kenna stares at Eddie. She wants to roll her eyes and laugh at him but now is not the time. Right now, they need to play pretend. "Oh, babe. I think that was you." She smiles back at Eddie and then turns to Gareth. "He likes to pretend that he didn't pursue me. He basically stalked me before we got together."

Gareth is more confused than ever. Eddie laughs and squeezes Kenna's shoulder. "I wouldn't call saving your life stalking."

"Saving my life? That's a stretch."

"Is it? Who else is floating upside down in the middle of the lake in March?" Eddie says with a brow arched.

"Wait, what?" Gareth asks.

"Nothing. Eddie can be a little dramatic at times." Kenna says with a smile. It might be one of her best fake smiles yet.

Gareth shakes his head and walks over to his drums. Eddie drops his hand and looks at Kenna. "I'm not dramatic."

"Yeah, you are." Kenna and Gareth say at the same time. They look at each other and laugh.

Eddie rolls his eyes and grabs his slushie. "I think I'm second-guessing my decision to bring you here." He says to Kenna.

"Oh, please. You're just scared that your friends will like me more."

"I already do," Gareth says with amusement in his eyes.

Kenna gives Eddie a look. "See. I told you."

Before Eddie can reply Jeff and Paul, the other two band members, walk into the open garage.

Gareth introduces Kenna before Eddie has a chance. "Guys, this is Kenna. Eddie's girlfriend."

"Hey." Kenna greets them.