Chapter 11: A ruined moment

"We look so lame right now." Melody whined as she watched everybody having fun on the dancing floor. It's been a few minutes since the incident with the vampire, and she was now recovered completely from the spell the vampire put on her.

"Why would you say that?" Alec asked confused. 

The redhead chuckled. "Everybody is dancing and having fun, while we are sitting at a table, drinking water." Melody said smiling while looking at him and then she turned to look at the crowd in front of her. "Sorry for killing the fun and bothering you with my stupidity." She continued as her smile faded slowly.

"You didn't ruined anything." Alec said looking at the crowd. His words caught the girl off guard and Melody quickly turned to look at him. "And you're not stupid." He continued.

"I'm not?" Melody asked and Alec shook his head.

"I mean, yeah... it was stupid how you let yourself be compelled by that vampire." Alec said and turned to look at her. "But I guess you are still learning, and you are making progress." He continued.

"You think so?" Melody asked smiling with hope in her eyes. Alec gave a short nod and that was the only thing needed for a huge smile to appear on the girl's face. She looked so proud of herself, in fact Melody felt like being on cloud nine, and Alec chuckled amused at how happy the girl could actually be over a single compliment.

"Alright. I'm going to dance." Melody said with enthusiasm and right before she could jump in the sea of people, Alec caught her wrist stopping her.

"Not so fast. You're not going anywhere. We don't want the vampire incident to repeat itself." Alec said with a serious look.

"I'm not going to repeat anything. I just want to dance. We are at a club after all." Melody complained as she rolled her eyes.

"Nope. Not gonna happen. I have to keep an eye on you so you can go later and talk with Magnus." Alec said and Melody scoffed.

"Then come with me. Be my partner and let's dance." Melody said smiling but Alec just shook his head. "Alec..." Melody said walking closer to him, holding his hand this time, as she looked him in the eyes. Since he was still seated, she was at his eye level. "We need to pass the time until Magnus arrives. It won't do any harm." Melody said softly, and even if a normal person wouldn't have been able to understand what the redhead was saying, Alec was able to hear her loud and clear.

"I don't know how to dance..." Alec mumbled looking away from her.

"What did you say?" Melody asked confused as she got closer to him.

"I don't know how to dance." Alec said a little louder, looking at her, straight in her sapphire eyes. "I will only step on your feet." He continued looking down at his hand that was being held by hers.

Melody chuckled and then brought her hand under his chin to make him look at her. "If this is what you are worrying about, then don't. I will take the lead, and I promise you we will have fun." Melody said smiling.

Alec looked at her. If he was honest, Melody lost him halfway she was talking, as his eyes and thoughts were only focused on her crystal blue eyes, and her warm smile that was able to light up that whole club.

"Fine." Alec said shortly and he watched how Melody's smile grew.

"Let's go." She said excited as she dragged Alec after her in the middle of the crowd. The music was blasting, and everybody was moving their bodies on the beat. Melody brought Alec close to her and put his hands on her waist and her hands linked together behind his neck, and then they started to sway. As they continued to dance Alec kept looking at his feet and Melody chuckled at how adorable he was focused. "Hey, you're doing a really good job." Melody complimented and that made Alec look at her.