★ 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 ★

a few weeks later

"i'll be back early tomorrow morning. are you sure you're okay with me leaving you, baby?" josh asked me. i nodded.

"yes, babe, it's fine. you have a meeting with your label, you can't just miss that." i assured him. he then kissed me and grabbed his duffel bag.

"i'll be back before you wake. if you need anything at all or there's any kind of emergency, please call me." josh told me. i nodded and blew him a kiss.

"i love you and good luck. see you in the morning."

"see you tomorrow, i love you."

josh went out the door and i lounged across the couch, wondering what i could do to occupy myself. it was about 11 am and there wasn't much you could do on a chilly november day.

i then wondered what awsten was up to. maybe he'd want to hang out.

i opened contacts and tapped his and hit the little call button. it only took two rings before he answered.

"hey!" i heard awsten's voice. i smiled.

"hey, yourself. what are you up to today?" i asked him.

"oh, nothing too exciting. geoff, chloe, and i are taking rory apple picking for the first time since she's just big enough. what about you?"

"absolutely nothing. josh is gone until tomorrow morning because him and his band has a meeting with their label. i figured i'd call you and see if you wanted to hang out."

"you should tag along with us. i'm sure chloe and geoff won't mind, they told me you seem really sweet. you'd get to meet their daughter rory who is also my god daughter because i'm so cool."

"hm, apple picking sounds nice, i'm down. what time?"

"we were gonna go at noon so pick you up around say...12:30?"

"yeah, that works." i agreed, getting up. i was still in my pajamas and my hair was a greasy mess. i hadn't showered in two days and i desperately needed one. "i'll see you then."

"see you then, jellybean." awsten said, hanging up. i was about to walk to my room when i stopped abruptly.

jellybean. he used to call me that all the time when we were together. he hadn't called me it since. it made my heart warm that he brought it back.

it made my heart warm...

eh, it was just because i missed him. i didn't have feelings for him or anything. they faded years ago and i was in love with josh anyways.

i grabbed an outfit from my closet and my speaker so i could listen to music while i showered. i turned it on and connected it to my phone as i walked to my bathroom.

i turned on rose colored boy by paramore and then turned on the shower as well.

after washing my hair, body, and shaving, i got out of the shower and dried off and got dressed. my outfit was a simple white tank top with a black leather jacket and a black and white plaid skirt with fishnets and my doc martens. i blow dried my hair and curled it, while also applying light makeup. i didn't even attempt eyeliner because my hands were always way too shaky to get it right. gotta love anxiety though, right?

eventually i decided i looked human enough and went out to my living room to wait. it was 12:15 so i knew they'd be there shortly.

i opened twitter and decided to search up awsten. i already followed him and the band on insta and followed him on tiktok but i hadn't yet followed him on twitter.