Chapter 18 (Calm before the Storm)

Angel's POV

The last few weeks have been brutal! I trained with more than 20 people, but it was well worth it. I am powerful, more powerful than I've ever been. It was like I was always powerful, I just never tapped into my full potential. Not only did I learn techniques, I gained confidence. I knew what I could do now, and I knew what my limits were. I could do almost anything, I'm now a master in Martial arts and also Dim-Mak. My limits were vague, I could do anything if I set my mind to it. I learned alot from each teacher, but at the time, it seemed insignificant. Except of course the bow and sword skills.

Then something happened, something I thought would never happen for fear of me getting hurt. Ed. Trained. Me. Ed taught me everything he knew and tied everything from the previous teachers together. Not only did he do that but, Ed has been a huge help this whole time. He's always doing things for me, like massages and getting baths ready. He's really been helpful, he tries to make me less stressed and he helps me have fun..... and forget about the impending doom hanging over my head.

Oh yeah, did I mention the war should start in about 4 days? Yeah well it is. I don't have any more teachers to go to, so the next four days will be all about resting up and spending time with my family, but mostly with Ed. Mustang gave us both the next four days off to do whatever we wanted. It had already been three days and tomorrow would be the fight/war.

We are currently sitting on the couch watching a movie..... well Ed was on the couch, I was in his lap. I wasn't really paying attention, so when he turned the Tv off I was snapped back into reality. I looked at Ed questioningly and he said, "Well it looks like we need to have a talk....."

He looked nervous which just put me more on edge. " Okayyy about what?"

"Well why don't you tell me what's on your mind, then I'll go.." he trailed off uncertainly.

I just nodded my head before sighing, "Well I was thinking about the fight or war tomorrow and I can't help but wonder if we are going to loose someone. Ed I just got this family and I don't want to loose it. At the same time though, what is something happens and I forget this one too? Everything is just weighing heavily on my mind but the one thing that's really bothering me is........ what if I come back and you don't?" I started crying.

Ed rubbed my back comfortingly before pulling me into a hug. "Angel that wont happen. Everything will be fine. We'll come waltzing back into the base side by side after the fight followed by our closest friends and then everything can be back to normal."

"But Ed.. I can't get the thought out of my head. I mean what if you really don't come back. Ed I don't think I could live without you now, so don't tell me that Shit about moving on and being happy. I'm happy now and this is where I always want to be.." The crying stopped eventually after a while.

Ed spoke again but he set me off his lap and got down on both knees in front of me, "Angel there is two things I wanted to talk to you about. One no matter what happens tommorow, I want you with me. I don't care if a huge crater split the earth, I want you there with me. I can't stand the thought of you being out of my sight at such an important time."

I sighed and said, "I was already planning on it, so yeah I can do that no problem."

"Okay then there is one other thing......." Ed trailed off uncertainly.

"Ed?" I asked confused, I've never seen him like this.

He takes out a little bitty box and sets it in my hands. I open it carefully to see a beautiful ring inside. It was all black, except the white outline. On the inside it was silver and engraved. The engraving said, "I loved you since the day I met you, and I'll never stop"