Store

Jennie's brain was still trying to process the fact that she and Lisa were holding hands in public that it took her a moment to realize why Lisa had stopped walking.

"You want to go into a sex store?!" Jennie whisper-shouted. She frantically looked around, gripped with the irrational fear that someone she knew would suddenly pop out and catch her in front of a store of ill repute with a woman she was having sex with.

Before she could spin out in a panic, Lisa simply arched an eyebrow and said, "Yup."

"But why?" she hissed. Her eyes kept darting up and down the street, horrified that someone she knew would walk up to her.

Like her Calculus professor. Or the dean of the Business College. Or one of her sorority sisters in this year's pledge class.

"Because l want to." Lisa rolled her eyes good-naturedly. "I haven't been to one in a while."

"What, you need to restock?" Jennie said, completely flustered now. "On some battery-operated items?" She managed to grit out.

"They're called vibrators, Jennie."

"Shhh!" She felt like she was being Punk'd. Her face was on fire. Lisa nudged her gently on the shoulder, and she had that soft expression on her face that always
made Jennie melt.

"Come on, Jennie. It'll be fun." Lisa urged softly.

"We don't have to go in if it makes you uncomfortable, but looking at some toys is not a crime. This is also a really good company to support; unlike a lot of mainstream sex stores they're woman-friendly and sex-positive."

The puppy dog eyes and the earnest little smile did her in.

"Fine." Jennie sighed. Lisa's mouth stretched into a wide smile and she tugged her towards the door of the store.

Jennie couldn't believe she was doing this. She knew what sex toys were obviously, but she had never bought one, much less walked into a sex shop in broad daylight.

Once they walked through the store, she dropped Lisa's hand. She wasn't about to walk into a sex store holding hands with her female lover.

That was just weird. And even if it wasn't weird, she just wasn't ready for that.

Thankfully, the store wasn't dark and seedy like she had expected it to be. She had seen a few photos online of a few sex stores, and they all looked like a cross between a kitschy bordello and an overstuffed dollar store.

This particular store was bright and had minimalist furniture. The products were displayed on rows of long stainless-steel tables with clean lines.

If the color palette had been space gray and off-white, this could have been the Apple Store of sex toys.

Having calmed down considerably, she simply trailed Lisa around the store as the bronde idly browsed.

She didn't really want to stare too hard at any one thing though, lest the other people in the store think she was actually shopping for one of the objects on sale.

Lisa cleared her throat.

Jennie turned towards her. Lisa was standing in front of a wall display. It was clear that Lisa wanted to talk about the objects on the wall. Sighing internally, she decided to play along.

"And what are those for?" It was a rhetorical question. She had a good idea what they were.

It wasn't hard to figure out what the belts were supposed to wrap around and what was supposed to be attached by the buckles.

"Strap-on harnesses." Lisa replied with a smirk. The dark, sexy smirk.

Jennie wasn't sure if Lisa knew that particular smirk was sexy, but the bronde certainly used it a lot whenever she was trying to convince Jennie to fool around.