Chapter Twenty Nine

AN: Screw this arc. Its going to be my worst written chapter and I officially don’t care. I can’t write this arc anymore so its just gonna have to end. Bad guys lose, good guys win, skip my shitty writing for how because I don’t know what the fuck to do with this many characters anymore. I’m sorry I just cannot. This arc needed to END so we could move on with our lives.

*author bows deeply in apology* Can someone tell me where I threw Natsu during the Lucy vs. Angel battle? because I read through what I wrote and I seem to have forgotten that he, Hibiki and Wendy were with her when that battle started. I seem to have lost three of my characters simply because I don’t know what the hell they were doing while Lucy was kicking ass.

Also… has it really been 2 years???? Wow… what the hell have I been doing with my life…. Here’s another update because I do love this story.

Chapter twenty nine

Two mages raced through the forest as the sun began to set. Scarlet red hair fluttered in the wind as the blue haired man casually blasted a member of a dark guild into unconsciousness as he ran towards a destination only he could see. 

Erza and Siegrain moved through forest as quickly as they could while fighting against any enemies they could find. Then again, none of these cannon fodder members would be able to do anything against them even if they weren’t in a hurry. 

The two mages were able to send out any random attack that would leave their ranks devastated as they moved forward towards their goal. They needed to get Nirvana before anyone could find and activate it. 

“We may have to allow it to be found.”

Erza frowned in the direction of her boyfriend, “I thought our whole plan was about not letting it be found. Why would we take the risk?”

Siegrain sighed, “You and everyone else seem to really seem to over-estimate what the council actually knows. The council allowed it to be sealed this long because they didn’t know how to destroy it. They also didn’t know what it did. We already know that Natsu can destroy it.”

Erza stared at him. “Why wouldn’t they research it? You can’t seriously be telling me that the magic council found a magic weapon from 400 years ago and just left it here in the forest. They had to have run some tests or do something with it.”

Siegrain huffed, “You forget what the magic council is always complaining about - Money. Researching ancient magic comes with many risks to the researches, mages and the surrounding areas. Research always burns funds which the council simply doesn’t have.”

Erza rolled her eyes and Siegrain tried to hide his grin. Lucy was rubbing off on her even though she tried to keep up her strict image, Erza was slowly letting herself be less responsible and enjoy herself more. He decided not to call her out on it and make her seem self-conscious. 

Instead he cleared his throat and carried on talking, like he never stopped, “They’re too busy dealing with the active threats like dark guilds and the damage caused by the legal guilds. They’re too busy cleaning up the messes we make now to worry about the ones of the past. Once it was discovered and they knew that it was dangerous, they threw it in a hole and tried to forget about it.”

Erza narrowed her eyes, “They tried to forget about a dangerous weapon that they left alone, in the middle of the woods with no one even guarding it? The council is supposed to protect the country. Leaving behind magic weapons that they don’t understand doesn’t seem very safe to me.”

Siegrain shook his head because while he didn’t agree with every decision the council made, this was one decision that he did understand. He tried to explain it to her, “When it was first discovered they did some research. Mostly it was like scavenger hunting. Anything that could be taken away safely – was. There isn’t much known however most of the council believes that this weapon is responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths. They were unable to figure out what the weapon actually did which meant that they had no idea if it would happen again.”