Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

It didn't take long for both Juvia and Gajeel to join Fairy Tail once again. A month after the attack on Phantom Lord the Fairy Tail guild had been rebuilt. The iron dragon slayer had come to the guild after Juvia. Neither of them knew how Gajeel ended up joining previously but whatever had happened seemed to happen again because he was sitting in a corner sulking quietly.

Lucy didn't spare a single moment as soon as she saw Juvia she walked right up to the bluenette linked their arms together and declared that they were going to be friends. Lucy ignored the shocked faces of many of her guild mates and Juvia herself. Lucy searched for Gajeel amongst the shocked crowd and seeing the look of confusion on his face. She merely stuck out her tongue at him and pulled the other woman to the request board.

In their previous time line she had eventually developed a friendship with the grouchy male. However that was mostly due to the fact that he was kind of dating Levy. Lucy didn't like not being on good terms with the people in the guild.

She would make friends with him on a later date. Natsu still hadn't forgotten how badly beaten she had been by him and liked to keep him far away from her. She knew he would calm down eventually but right now the events were still fresh in his mind.

Juvia blinked in shock in a few times unable to really comprehend another girl wanting to be friend. She never had any friends before. Gajeel was the closest thing she had to a friend in Phantom Lord and this blonde woman accepted her without batting an eyelash.

Juvia couldn't understand why she had been accepted by Lucy especially since she had been part of the guild that had attacked her and her father. Juvia wasn't exactly sure what she was supposed to do with a friend or if she could even trust this woman. She could act nice now and stab her in the back as revenge for her actions in the past.

Lucy dragged Juvia over to the request board and took a simple mission. It wouldn't take them long two days at the most. Lucy kissed her husbands cheek and ran out of the guild pulling the confused woman along for the ride.

Wendy took one look between her mother running off and her father and decided that her time would be better spent with her mother. She was less likely to set something on fire and was generally more responsible. She grabbed Carla and took off after them.

Natsu rolled his eyes at Lucy and kissed Wendy's cheek as she ran out. He smirked at the look of dejection on Happy's face when Carla refused to let him come with them. Juvia had been lonely in the guild and her crush/obsession with Gray made it hard for her to make female friends.

However she was actually a very capable fighter. She was a good addition to the team but she was easily distracted when it came to Gray for whatever reason so he hoped that Lucy helped her kick the habit.

Juvia was a nice person. It would be nice if people could talk to her without her going psycho on everyone that she assumed wanted to get with Gray. Natsu was also sure that if she could keep her head on the fights at hand she could be powerful. Juvia's skills had increased over time but she was held back by the simple fact that she didn't pay attention and she was better than that.

Hell, he was pretty sure that if he could get her to train seriously then she could take out that sand guy from the Spriggan 12. Water was an inherent weakness of sand. He'd mention it to Lucy later. He knew that Lucy was preparing for the final battle with everyone. Erza had won against that guy but she had taken way too much damage. In the end, her magic and his weren't a good match for each other but if they planned it better then they would win.