Chapter Twenty One

AN: So someone asked about whether anyone would be suspicious about Lucy and Natsu's knowledge about everything that is going on. I have been very careful to make sure that everything unfolds without too much interference from them. The guild will question Natsu on his huge power up (soon) its not something that he can hide. People have noticed that the power up is unusual so I'm not gonna ignore it forever. I just wanted to address it when I was ready.

As for Lucy's knowledge – in canon Lucy is very intelligent. She read about Lullaby and was able to tell Erza about the magic flute when they first meet. This means that she does have knowledge about magic that the others don't. It would make sense that she would have researched the stuff that she came across with her team. Lucy is intelligent so I don't think its completely ooc of her to know a lot about magic and history.

A couple of people were surprised that I involved Jose. I didn't just want rewrite the arcs and I really wanted Fairy Tail to face off against Deliora. Its not something that I have ever seen on fanfiction and I had a lot of ideas about how I could play out this fight. The reason I used Jose was because the only way Deliora would come back was with some major magic.

Also the revenge angle using Jose isn't very farfetched. We don't see him again but we can assume that he was imprisoned. I believe if he had any knowledge on anything that could cause the downfall of Fairy Tail he would have played the card. The situation just needed to be desperate enough. In canon by the time Jose was taken down he didn't have any cards left to play.

We know the wizard saints have access to a lot of dangerous information. Jellal knew a lot of stuff from his time in the council. It isn't impossible to assume that Jose might have known about Deliora. Besides I don't think that Jose would have quietly just disappeared if he had the information.

By bringing the phantom lord arc in earlier I was able to make it sensible that he would be able to interfere with the Galuna island arc. You can't seriously think that the magic council just lost a demon and didn't do anything about it.

Blood sacrifices are kind of dark since a lot people are now dead. I didn't have any other ideas on how to bring Deliora back to life and its not something Lyon would do. I don't wanna ruin his future character by dropping him that low. I also wanted to involve Trinity Raven. I have essentially destroyed the Tower of Heaven arc so I wanted to involve them since Ikaruga was an important enemy for Erza to face.

Chapter 21 – Galuna Island Part 3

Lucy froze and as soon as the roar stopped they heard what sounded like stone crumbling. Happy picked up Juvia and Lucy flew into the air. The two women stared in the direction of the temple. It was crumbling and out of the shadow of the crumbling temple something was walking out. Something that almost seemed to be growing larger as it moved.

"Gray-sama." Cried Juvia and Lucy turned sharply to the woman next to her. She had tears in her eyes and Lucy could feel her own heart beating fast as panic began to take over her mind.

Gray was still in that crumbling temple. He and Lyon would have been fighting inside that bloody temple when Deliora had been freed from the ice. It was highly possible that Gray and Lyon would be crushed by falling debris or Deliora himself. They needed to get there and find them both. Lucy started heading in the direction of the temple with Happy and Juvia close behind her.

The creature seemed to be moving slowly but it was so large that every step it took shook the floor. Each movement it made destroyed something even though it wasn't even really doing anything yet. Lucy couldn't help but think it was still waking up. It had been trapped for so long that it wasn't really doing anything yet but walking around and getting its bearings.