Chapter Twenty Three

AN: So someone copied whole chunks of my first chapter, added some sentences to make it a little different and tried to pass off my work as their own on fanfiction. A shout out to Larissa who reviewed and brought it to my attention since I didn't know until she told me so I want to make something very clear – I have not given anyone permission to use my work. Whether its half the chapter or just a few lines my work is my own.

I worked really hard on this story. Every chapter is about 6000 words which is roughly 12 A4 pages. I double and triple check my spelling and grammar. I Google names and places associated with Fairy Tail to make sure the spelling is correct. I re-watch certain arcs as I'm writing them to make sure I write the characters correctly. I will not tolerate other people stealing parts of my work and passing it off as their own.

If I ever allow someone to use my work it will be because someone asked permission to translate the story. If anyone sees this happening again please let me know. No one else is allowed to use my work without my permission.

Chapter Twenty Three

There would be a ceremony held by the Council if Natsu decided to accept the title. Master Makarov agreed to wait a couple of days while Natsu discussed it with Lucy. Makarov wasn't sure if Natsu would accept the title or not. It was not something that he or Lucy had expected or planned for. The Council didn't need an immediate answer. Usually mages got one week before they gave a formal answer.

The Eight wizard saint may not sound like a big deal but Makarov knew differently. The saints never truly knew who was the strongest of them all. To know that answer would mean that they would need to battle and the destruction would probably wipe the country from the face of Earthland.

Makarov himself was known as the sixth saint. He had no doubts that Natsu would rise through the ranks of the saints if he decided to accept the title. Both Jose and Jellal had needed to be replaced because Jellal retired and Jose was excommunicated.

The Ace of Lamia Scale, Jura Neekis had not been a saint for very long but he was known as the tenth seat. He had technically replaced Jose. Jura had a good reputation and after the mess that Jose left behind there was no one better to take his place. Jura had already improved the reputation of the council after the disaster that they were facing with Jose.

If Natsu accepted he would be Jura's senpai. He almost grinned. He loved rubbing his brats accomplishments in the faces of the other guild masters. Lamia Scale had always been extra proud of the fact that Jura was one of the youngest people recognized as a wizard saint. Now he had Siegrain and Natsu who were both younger than Jura and recognized as Wizard Saints.

None of that changed the fact that Natsu's decision would have far reaching consequences. This decision wouldn't be all fun and games no matter how much Makarov would gloat in the future. There was no one who would understand the consequences better than Natsu's wife Lucy.

They would need some time to make a real decision. Until Natsu and Lucy made their decision he wouldn't announce this to the guild. There would be many questions from the guild members if he accepted the title. They would want to know how he was able to rise this quickly to that level.

Natsu would have to come up with a reason to why his training had been so far advanced. Makarov was certain that his brats would be happy for Natsu but it would blind side them. No one would have guessed that Natsu would have actually become a Wizard Saint. At least not this young but they would cross that bridge when they got to it.