Author's Note

Those who've read my stories know me for my sci-fi and fluff. What folk don't know is that the other half of my soul is darker than a black hole.

Not in a serial killer way, mind you. I don't hurt a fly—I'm good at catching them to release into the wild. More like, my favorite color is black, I wear black, my room is black, and I watch every single supernatural horror I can find. Don't Starve and Alice: Madness Returns are two of my fave games ever, and I love Tim Burton! I even combined goth and kawaii in my art brand, Darkenlolly.

Anyways, I guess this appreciation of the beauty in darkness seeps into my stories (like pastel goth mermaids). So now, I'm finally going all out with an actual ghost story that's a fusion of dark fantasy, romance and supernatural horror—with a dab of sci-fi.

Say hello to Black Avatare ("black ghost" කළු අවතාරේ), my Creators project.

It's a re-imagining of the Black Prince, a demon from Sri Lankan folklore.

This is the ultimate dark boy, and he haunts females. For the first time, you can read a novel based on him. The original is way too dark, but this story won't go there.

✦ Re-imagining of the Black Prince

✦ Spunky ghosthunter heroine.

✦ Thrills and chills.

✦ Set in a modern gothpunk city built with Sri Lankan ghost lore, myths, art and architecture—especially the Kandyan Kingdom, which existed before colonialism.

✦ Locations, food, animals and other elements from Kandy, my hometown, where I still live.

✦ Slowburn ship with a fairytale touch.

✦ The magic system and world mechanics are based on/inspired by some funky science.

...........

✦ Influences & inspiration: Stranger Things, Bleach, Supernatural, Mediator and Alice: Madness Returns

✦ Trigger warning: mild cussing, spooks and fantasy violence (PG-13)