𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

He is also very polite and therefore very popular. Not just for women.

----

For a week now, it has been no longer forbidden for a man to marry a man and for a woman to marry a woman. Of course it's very unpopular and you still get weird looks for it, but the king has lifted that ban.

No one knows why, but Jungwon finds the idea of ​​falling in love with a boy a bit odd. He doesn't judge anyone who belongs to another sexuality, but he can't really understand it.

When he thinks about it for a while, he realizes that he has never been in love. He doesn't know what it's like. So he doesn't know what gender he's into either.

Could he fall in love with a boy?

No, he thinks. Definitely not. How was he supposed to have children then?

Jungwon wants children, he wants a wife. Or does he only want all this because society wants it?

"I'll get a book," he decides, expressing his thoughts. Niki just nods at his brother and gives his full attention to his painting.

Jungwon didn't actually want to say it out loud. He's sure he shouldn't be too infatuated with this whole thing and think about his future. Everything will turn out differently than you plan anyway, so why plan when fate has something else in mind anyway?

2 weeks later

Today is the day. The autumn festival in the castle takes place. The whole Yang family is up much too early because of their excitement. They still have several hours until the festival begins.

The last few days passed like years. Jungwon stands in front of the mirror and looks at himself, does he look different today than usual? Does he even look worse than usual? Hopefully not!

He thinks again about exactly what he has to consider. He knows that the king has two sons, the older of the two is Jongseong. The younger one is called Sunghoon. 

Of course he knows the royal family, but you don't really know much about them if you don't know them personally. That's what makes everything so much more exciting. Since there won't be many families at the festival, there's a good chance they'll speak to the royal family, his father said. Jungwon doesn't know if his father doesn't get his hopes up too much, but it would be a very great honor.

On the way to the castle everyone is very quiet, everyone is excited and trying to control themselves. As always, they are right on time.

The great gate in the mighty wall surrounding the castle is open. Four guards are standing in front of it. "The name, please," says one.

Jungwon looks at the four guards. They are dressed in fine clothes, one of them is holding a long parchment on which the names of the guests are probably written.

"Family Yang" says Jungwon's father, attracting attention. "The invitation, please," says a third. Jungwon's mother pulls out the invitation and shows it. "Okay, you're on the list. You can enter now. You're expected in the courtyard."

Jungwon walks alongside Niki, behind his parents. They enter the hall and look around in astonishment. The castle looked incredibly impressive from the outside, but it looks even more beautiful from the inside. The rooms are high, there are many windows and it is beautifully decorated. The furniture goes very well together.

A few families are already there, soft music is playing and you can hear a few conversations. Jungwon lets his gaze wander when he sees the Kim family approaching them. He searches for his best friend with his eyes and actually recognizes Sunoo after a short time.
"Hello dear ones" says the duke and Jungwon bows to Sunoo's father. The Kim family and the Yang family have been very good friends for generations. Sunoo and Jungwon are the same age and have known each other since birth.

Sunoo has one brother and one twin sister. Jake and Jia They really all get along very well and Jungwon is quite relieved that they are here.

Jungwon excuses them and walks aside with Sunoo "I didn't know you were here this time too" Sunoo smiles. The Kim family is always invited to royal family parties. "We received the invitation two weeks ago, I'm so happy to be here. I never expected that to happen. I'm so glad you're here, I'm so excited."

Sunoo grins in amusement, "You don't have to be. The king may be strict, but his sons are really nice and funny. If you don't annoy the king or queen, they are usually very friendly."

When the king enters the room with his family, it gets quiet. Jungwon and everyone else bow. Jungwon still can't believe he's actually seeing them, they're in the same room as him. His eyes linger on one of the princes, it must be Jay.

Jungwon feels his head suddenly empty, he can no longer think clearly. He knew what Jay looked like, but he never realized how good he looked when you saw him up close. His skin is clear, his hair looks very healthy and everything about him just fits together. He has very pretty eyes...

Jungwon shakes his head and tears his eyes away from Prince Jay, who didn't even notice him. After the king's short speech, the atmosphere relaxed. The orchestra begins to play and many begin to dance and converse.

Jungwon stands with Sunoo at their families and talks. He turns when he sees the look on his father's face. In front of him is the king. They bow deeply and greet the king.

They stand quietly while the king converses with the duke and count. "You must be Jungwon, am I right?" the king suddenly addresses Jungwon. To be honest, Jungwon is a bit surprised that the king is talking to him and stammers, "Y-yes, Your Royal Highness. Yang Jungwon, it is my great honor." The king smiles "you have two very handsome sons, my dear friend". Jungwon's father nods proudly, "Thank you, Your Highness.""I would be very happy if we could talk to each other normally. You have a high reputation in this country and I like you," smiles the king friendly. "Thank you!" thanks Jungwon's father. "Are you enjoying the party?" the king now asks and gets a general nod in response.

"Jay, son. Would you honor our guests?" says the king and Jungwon catches his breath. Jay comes over with a friendly smile and stands next to his father. Jungwon bows and Jay bows his head too. "Yang Jungwon, it is my honor". Jay looks at Jungwon "the honor is all mine".

Jungwon keeps looking at him and is quite dazed. What was it about Jay that confused him so much? His kindness? His status?

It's his eyes. Why are his eyes so beautiful?

Again, Jungwon quickly averts his gaze and looks at the ground, it's not proper to stare at someone like that, especially not at the prince.

Everyone is startled when there is a sudden bang outside. "What was that?" Jungwon asks with a startled look. "There's a thunderstorm," Jay informs him with a look out of the window. Everyone follows the prince's gaze and realizes that he is probably right.

Jungwon swallows and nervously kneads his hands, which nobody seems to notice. No one knows about his fear of storms, not even his family. He learned from his father that telling someone about your fears makes you seem weak. It makes you vulnerable.

----------------
𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

Hello guys^^ 
Finally there is a linger chapter for you. Thanks to all of you who are reading this story <3 
I finished my English and Biology exams and we have a week without exams now. After this we have so many exams again, because of that I still dont know if I can keep posting this regular. I love you all, fighting <3