𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞:
Hello first of all :) I'm sorry that a new part is only coming now. I still have French and maths exams this week, then we'll have a holiday first. Hopefully I can be a little more active during the holidays. We also have another exam in sports... I hope you will continue reading the story, thanks <3

----------------

In the late evening, the guests make their way home. Jay and Sunghoon were told to say goodbye to all the guests and this time his brother didn't manage to just leave.

They often repeat the same thing. How nice it was that everyone was here, that they hope to see each other again soon and that they wish everyone a safe journey home. As always. Jay usually thinks it's really nice that the guests were there, but such a party is always very exhausting.

He was afraid that today would be boring as his best friend Heeseung couldn't be there today. But thanks to Jungwon, Jay wasn't bored at all.

At the thought, for some reason he doesn't know, he smiles again.
"Stop grinning like that," his brother interrupts his thoughts and Jay looks up from the floor again.

The Yang family now comes out of the castle and bows to the two brothers "Thank you for this beautiful evening, it was a great honor for us to be here." thanks the count and the two princes smile friendly.

It would have been Jay's job to reply, but he's too busy staring into Jungwon's dark eyes. Sunghoon clears his throat, but even then Jay doesn't say anything, which is why Sunghoon takes the floor "we would be happy to see you again soon, it was really nice that you managed to come. Have a safe journey home and see you soon!" he smiles.

Jay just nods absently. When Jungwon is the last to walk past him and nods to him again, he smiles again "bye" he says still dreamily. Jungwon seems a little confused but also smiles "goodbye Jay" he whispers while passing by.

Jay follows him with his gaze until he is no longer in sight. Sunghoon puts his hand on his older brother's shoulder "let's go in I'm damn tired."

To be honest, Jay was afraid Sunghoon would say something about this strange situation, luckily he seems to be too tired to have noticed anything.

Jungwon pov:

It's been two weeks since the festival. Jungwon is sitting outside in the garden again, he has just finished the last lesson for today.

His gaze falls on the book that Jay gave him and he has to smile. He thinks about Jay and again he doesn't understand why he can't stop thinking about him. It confuses him. What does that mean?

Probably nothing. He shakes his head to clear his mind and decides to continue reading the book. He really likes it.

He has never read a book that has captivated him so much. Whoever wrote that must have been a real genius. He loves the book.

Jungwon wants to keep turning the pages, but then he notices that the book is over. He closes it, disappointed, and sighs. For a long time he tried to read little in it, but at some point even the longest book comes to an end.

"Mr. Yang" suddenly calls an unknown voice. Jungwon looks up and sees a person standing at the iron gate of their property. He wants to go there, but one of the servants rushes to the gate and Jungwon sits down again.

He watches how Niki plays with their dog in the meadow and smiles, he thinks it's nice to see Niki like that.

"Sir, I'm sorry to bother you. However, I received a letter for you." Jungwon turns and sees his personal servant standing in front of him. Jungwon doesn't actually like the word servant, it's so old-fashioned. He doesn't see himself as anything better. He almost sees the employees as family or friends.

"Thanks Felix" Jungwon smiles. Felix hands him the letter "It is fine paper and has the coat of arms of the royal family as a seal. I thought it was a renewed invitation but the messenger specifically said it was for your eyes only."

Jungwon is now even more curious and immediately opens the envelope "you can go now Felix. Thank you very much!"

Jungwon sits back in the chair and opens the envelope. He takes the folded paper and opens it excitedly. He read the letter eagerly.

Hello Jungwon, you're probably wondering why I'm writing to you. Well, I don't really know myself. I really enjoyed talking to you and I would love to see you again. Maybe you feel the same way, I would be happy if you would find time. I'll be at the castle all day tomorrow, you can come anytime if you want. Sincerely, Jay

Jungwon reads the words over and over again. Is that real?

He doesn't know what to do. Should he really go? There's actually nothing wrong with that. But somehow he has a strange feeling about it. He likes Jay, no question. Jay is a very good natured and polite person.

Can he really make friends with the prince or isn't it proper? He is just Yang Jungwon and nothing more.

He just decides to go, after all, you don't turn down an invitation. If things get weird, he can always leave.

"Jungwon! Niki!" calls his father in a loud voice. Jungwon gets a little startled because he was deep in thought, but then gets up and puts the letter in his pocket. He rushes into the living room and winces again when he sees who is standing there.

"Your Highness!" he says and bows quickly. "The king was in the area and wanted to see us." the Count informs his sons.

"Exactly, your father and I have become good friends over the last few weeks and I wanted to invite you to the castle alone again. What do you think of a dinner at the castle with both families?" suggests the king.

Jungwon is just as surprised as his brother, why didn't they notice about this friendship? However, when their father agrees, they are happy. Jungwon is happy to see Jay more often. Jungwon doesn't yet know why Niki is so happy about it.

The following day, Jungwon has a lot of classes, so he got up early. He is sitting in the library with his teacher and looking out the window. It's raining again. His thoughts are not here, but with Jay and he doesn't like that at all. He doesn't want to have to think about the prince all the time, and yet he does it. After dinner he'll go straight to Jay's, he's already kept him waiting too long.