𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

Jungwon pov

Jungwon is lying in his bed reading a book. It's totally boring when you're not allowed to do anything.

He finds it totally exaggerated what his father is doing here. He has not been allowed to go out alone for two weeks and is not allowed to have any contact with the crown prince.

He sighs and puts the book on his legs. It's a lot more fun to read with Jay.

He looks a little confused at the window when he hears a noise on it. Almost as if something had flown against it.

He shakes his head and reads on. He probably just imagined that.

However, when he hears it again for a short time, he sits up. A look at the clock tells him that it is already quite late. His parents are probably asleep.

Is Niki playing a prank on him?

He decides to look and goes to his window.

When he sees who's down there, he quickly opens it.

"What are you doing here?" he asks quietly. The crownprince, standing below, puts a finger to his lips and signals Jungwon to come outside. Jungwon nods and closes his window quietly.

He puts on a vest and slippers on.

As quickly and quietly as possible, he goes down the stairs to the door in the garden.

Luckily nobody's down there anymore. Everyone seems to be in their bedrooms already.

Jungwon opens the glass door and runs to Jay.

When he reaches him, Jay hugs him.

"I missed you," Jay says quietly. "Sorry," mumbles Jungwon.

Jay shakes his head "I'm sorry, Jungwon. You're in trouble because of me. I really didn't want that...

It's all my fault. I shouldn't have spoken to you. I'm sorry your father feels that way"

Jungwon looks at Jay "I don't understand why he doesn't want me to be friends with you" says Jungwon concerned.

"You don't know the reason?" Jay asks confused.
Jungwon shakes his head.

"Niki informed me that your father thinks that... that there is more to us than friendship," says Jay quietly.
Jungwon looks at him in horror and takes a step away from him.

"I'm sorry he thinks that Jungwon, I never meant it to come off like that... I'm sorry, really," Jay says nervously.

"It's alright...I think I should go back inside and you should go home too. It's getting cold. Goodnight Jay."

With these words, Jungwon disappears through the glass door and closes it quietly before Jay can say anything.

He just stands under Jungwon's window for a while, even when Jungwon looks out of the window with a sigh, the prince is still there. After a few minutes he's gone.

Jungwon sits down on his bed. He's an idiot. Why did he react like that? He was overwhelmed but why did he have to show it so much? Why didn't he ask Jay if there was more work between the two of them than friendship.

Jungwon doesn't feel like they're normal friends...

Is this maybe because Jay is the crown prince or does Jungwon have true feelings for the king's eldest son?

----

The Count calmed down after a few more days and let Jungwon out on his own. The Yang family just finished dinner. Jungwon wants to disappear up the stairs, but his father calls him over.

"What do you need, father?" Jungwon asks looking at the floor. "I would like to speak to you," says his father. Jungwon nods and sits down.

"I'm sorry that I reacted the way I did. Of course I don't know if my suspicion is really correct... Niki must have told you. Jungwon is it true...?" Jungwon shrugs "I don't know what you mean".

"You and the prince are really just friends?" asks the count.

Jungwon raises his eyes and meets his father's eyes "what if not? Would you cast me out? Would you judge me?" Jungwon's father looks at his son "Jungwon, just answer my question clearly. Do you have feelings for the crown prince?"

Jungwon swallows. He doesn't know himself. "I've never been in love dad, I have no idea how it feels. I like him a lot, yes."

Jungwon's father nods "okay."

Jungwon looks at him "can I see him again?" Jungwon's father looks at his son for a long time.

He can see in his son's eyes that he must love the prince. "No, you are in no position to befriend him."

Jungwon gets up and leaves the room. He knows there's no point in arguing with his father. It would only make things worse.

"I hate you" says Jungwon and goes up the stairs to his room angry and sad at the same time.

Jungwon wants to see Jay again, but he would never dare to disobey his father's command. He's desperate. He has no idea what to do.

His heart wants to ignore his father and go to Jay, but as so often, his mind is more powerful than his feelings.

----------------

𝐚/𝐧:
Hello^^ I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I'm sorry it's a bit shorter. I hope I can upload longer chapters again soon.