𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

And this time they escaped reality together.

----------------

"Yang Jungwon! What the hell?"

Jungwon looks down and lets his father insult him. His father is holding a letter that was meant for Jay.

"You can't treat the prince like that! He is above us Jungwon. How dare you befriend him?"

"Father I..." Jungwon tries to justify himself "SHUT UP!" shouts his father.

"He doesn't mind!" says Jungwon loudly. "I like him," he says a little quieter when his father looks at him angrily.

"Who knows all about it?" the count asks his son. "No one" lies Jungwon. He doesn't want Felix and Niki to get in trouble because of him.

"Is there something going on between Niki and the other prince too?" Jungwon's father asks sternly. Jungwon shakes his head without looking at his father.

"You're not going to talk to Prince Jay anymore, got it?" says his father. "But father, that is unfair!"

"Don't talk back, you must have lost your mind!"

Jungwon angrily walks past his father to leave the room. He slams the door behind him."You're grounded. Don't think I'll let you get away with this behaviour!"

Jungwon goes to his room and lies down on his bed. He hides his face in his pillow and cries. Why can't his father accept that he likes the prince?

"Jungwon..." he hears Niki say. He sits up and looks at his little brother. He sits down next to him.

"Sorry about Jay...I know you like him"

Jungwon shrugs "it's over anyway... It would never have worked out for us"

Niki sighs "I can't see Sunghoon anymore either." Jungwon looks at his brother apologetically "I didn't want that to happen.."

Niki shrugs "Dad will calm down. It's not your fault"

----

jay pov

It has been two weeks since he sent the letter to Jungwon and he still hasn't replied.

Jungwon doesn't answer his cell phone either. Sunghoon also failed to reach Niki. His family is scheduled to come back for dinner tonight. Jay can't wait any longer.

In the evening he is very disappointed when Jungwon doesn't show up. Did he do something wrong?

"Excuse me if I ask but where is Jungwon?" Jay asks the Count. "He's a bit sick, so he can't be here," he smiles. "Oh... I hope he'll be fine soon"

Jay looks at Niki, who has been looking down since he arrived. Something isn't right... Dinner takes a long time. When they're finally done and the Yang family is about to leave, Jay stops Niki for a moment.

"What's going on here Niki?" asks Jay.

Niki looks around for his parents and then whispers "Father found out about you and Jungwon. He forbids us from contact with you, especially Jungwon! He thinks... he thinks it's more than friendship between you two. Jungwon isn't allowed toe leave the house alone and he's not allowed to talk to you"

"Niki, let's go!" Nikis father then calls.

Jay looks after the car for a while and swallows.

Jungwon is in trouble because of him...

----

The next day, Jay knocks cautiously on the door of his father's office. When he is invited in, he quietly steps into the large room.

The king is seated at his desk. "Father, do you have time to discuss something?" Jay asks and his father nods "what do you need son?"

"I wanted to talk to you about something that's been bothering me."

His father points to the armchair.

Jay sits down "I don't know how to start... I'm sure you understand that I get along very well with Jungwon... Count Yang's son..."

The king nods "I know that".

Jay clears his throat and folds his hands "good... The Count thinks we're more than just friends and that's why he forbids Jungwon to have any contact with me..."

"Is he right?" asks the king turning to his son.

He looks thoughtfully at his father "No... well... I think I like him, a lot. But his father doesn't even allow him to talk to me."

The king nods calmly. After all, he knows that his son likes boys and girls.

"And now you want me to speak to the count?" asks Jay's father.

Jay nods.

"Jay, I can't and you know it. If the count doesn't want Jungwon to be close to you, closer than just friends, then that's his decision. I can't decide about the count's children and I don't want that either. I'm sorry son. You'll have to do it yourself".

Jay nods "thanks anyway dad"

Jay gets up and walks out of the office.

He walks thoughtfully down the hall.

----

At noon, Jay is expecting his best friend Heeseung in the garden. When he appears, they walk together through the park of the castle.

"How's it going with the count's boy?" Heeseung asks amused. Jay sighs "he can't see me anymore" says Jay. Heeseung looks at Jay confused, which is why Jay tells everything."It went awkwardly," says Heeseung. "Thank you, I know that. You're not helping," complains the crown prince.

"Calm down, I have an idea," Heeseung grins. "If he can't go to you, then you go to him," says Heeseung. "His father won't allow that!"

"Then make it go unnoticed. Go at night, I don't know. If you really want to see him, you'll find a solution," Heeseung notes.

"You surely want to confess your love to him, don't you? Not that he will be snatched from under your nose".

Jay sighs.

"Teach him gently. The blossoms open one by one, you know? You never know how someone will react when someone of the same gender is in love with them," Heeseung then remarks.

----------------

𝐚/𝐧:

hey dear ones I hope you enjoy the chapter despite the drama.I'm very sorry that it's not that much, but I've got a lot going on at the moment. School thinks we don't have a private life anymore...I still try to write a lot for you.I hope you are well <3