𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

His heart wants to ignore his father and go to Jay, but as so often, his mind is more powerful than his feelings.

----------------

jay pov

Jay thought long and hard about what he could do.

He has come to the conclusion that he will not give up on Jungwon.

During the time that the two didn't see each other, he realized more and more every day that he loved the count's eldest son.

He throws small pebbles at the boy's window again. He doesn't respond.

After an eternity the window opens and Jungwon looks at him. "Come down please. I need to see you" Jay says softly.

Jungwon says nothing and closes the window again. Jay is waiting. Nobody comes.

He flinches when the glass door opens. However, the person in front of him is not what he expected.

The Count comes out, Jungwon stands behind him and looks at the ground the whole time. "Prince Jay, I must ask you to leave my son alone. He doesn't want to see you anymore, Your Highness. I'm sorry," says the Count. Jay first looks at the Count, then at Jungwon. "Jungwon, is that right?" he asks. Jungwon doesn't answer and just stares at the floor. "I beg you to leave, Highness"

"I want to hear it from Jungwon. Look me in the eye and tell me you don't want to see me anymore. Say it to my face and I'll leave you alone"

The count turns to his son "tell him Jungwon"
Jungwon shakes his head "I can't" The Count looks a little angry "Of course you can."

"With all respect, Count Yang, Jungwon didn't seem like he didn't want to see me anymore and now he can't even say it to my face?"

The Count wants to reply, but Jay doesn't let him speak. "I've had enough. I won't give up that easily. I don't think Jungwon just doesn't want to see me anymore. Count Yang, I love your son. With everything I have. Even if he doesn't love me, at least let me be friends with him. Please."

The Count looks at Jay and then looks at his son, who is now looking at the prince.

"What do you see in him?" asks the Count, turning to the Crown Prince. "He's worth loving. He's a good soul. He's the one I think about when I wake up. I think about him when I sleep. No matter what I do, I want him to be with me. When I am writing books, I think of him. I may be the writer, but he will always be the words."

Jay now turns his head slightly to look at Jungwon. Jungwon looks at Jay. Jay thinks he sees a few tears in Jungwon's eyes. "I never thought the crown prince could fall in love with my son. Fall in love with a boy..."

"Not every prince needs a princess."

The count nods "this is hard for me to understand but I think I have to accept it..."

The Count turns to Jungwon, "Son, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have forbidden you to spend time with the person who loves you. Who loves you with all their heart. I don't care if you love him too, it's your business. Everyone has a chapter that shouldn't be read out loud. I just got that. If you want to continue meeting him, you can. If the king agrees! Only then!"

Jungwon's eyes light up. He hugs his father.

"I'm going to bed now. I think you have some things to talk about. Don't go to bed too late, Jungwon," says the Count and disappears into the house.

Jungwon goes to Jay "Shall we walk a bit?"

The Crown Prince nods. They walk side by side in silence for a while. "I'm sorry," they say at the same time. "You first" says Jay with a slight smile. Jungwon nods, "I'm sorry I didn't say anything for so long, but I had to come to terms with the situation myself. I was confused, totally confused. I think I'm still a little confused."

"And I'm sorry that I took you by surprise with my confession."

"It's okay," says Jungwon. Jungwon stops and looks up. The sky is clear, the air is cold. It's already February now. It's unbelievable how long the two have known each other. "I'm sorry I got you into trouble," says Jay. Jungwon smiles lightly "It was hard but I looked up at the sky every night and the stars were proof that even in the darkest night there is light." Jay smiles "you said that beautifully"

Jungwon turns to Jay and looks into his eyes. The two don't see much, but the moon is bright tonight. "You have beautiful eyes," Jay says softly. Jungwon smiles slightly.

"If your eyes could speak, what would they say?" Jay asks, still looking into Jungwon's eyes. "They would say they fell in love with yours."

Jay takes a while to process what Jungwon just said. "would what?" "You heard me," Jungwon says, smiling. "You...you like me too?" Jay asks in disbelief.

Jungwon shakes his head "Not only do I like you... It's going to get complicated but I think I can love you"

Jay takes a step towards Jungwon. He carefully puts his hands on the younger one's cheeks."Shall we watch the stars?" Jungwon asks quietly. "I can see them in your eyes too," the prince replies, causing Jungwon to blush slightly.

"I told the stars about you," Jungwon whispers"And what did you tell them about me?" the crown prince wants to know."You'll never know," Jungwon grins. Jay looks at him indignantly "don't be so cheeky. Do you know who is standing in front of you?"

Jungwon giggles as Jay tickles him lightly and frees himself from the prince's hands. He quickly runs away from him. Across the meadow, away from the house.

"I'll catch you!" shouts Jay. Jungwon slows down as he is exhausted. He turns and takes a few steps backwards, hands up. Jay grins as he reaches the younger one.

"Spare me," Jungwon pleads. Jay grabs Jungwon's arm and pulls him towards him. Jungwon puts his hands on the crown prince's chest to avoid being completely drawn into him. Jay looks at Jungwon.

The moon bathes his skin in a matt white, his eyes sparkle. His hair looks beautiful.His lips...As always, his lips are slightly pink.

His eyes wander back to the count's son's eyes "keep looking at me like that and..." the prince can't go on speaking.

"And what?" Jungwon asks quietly. Jay doesn't know what to say. Jungwon paralyzes him.

He feels hypnotized.

"I want to kiss you so badly," Jay says, more or less intentionally. Jungwon looks a little unsure but smiles "you have to wait a little longer"

"Why?" Jay asks desperately. "I...I'm a bit scared to be honest," Jungwon admits.
"Why?" breathes Jay. "I...that would be my first kiss and...I haven't been able to prepare for it. And you...you're a boy. I'm not quite coming to terms with the fact that I...that I love a man "Jay nods "I understand you but a kiss is nothing to prepare for Jungwon"
"I want to make it special," says the younger one.

Jay sighs, "This is special! We're standing here. On a starry night, the moon is shining brightly. It's just the two of us Jungwon. I understand your fear, but there's no reason for it. I'm sure...I'm sure you kiss wonderfully"

Jungwon draws his eyebrows together."Really?""Damn yeah" Jay says a little desperately.

----------------

𝐚/𝐧
Hello^^ Here's a new chapter, finally a bit longer :) We'll write three tests next week, I'm crying.I hope I can post a new chapter soon. Thank you for reading this story <3