Dating A Prince (Part 42)

This is a AU of the Royal  family (not the real members of the family apart from The Queen)

Even after 5 years of being best friends with a Princess, you couldn't believe it.

For the last fortnight you and Lucy had spent your days at her parents house in London, one of the palaces. Lucy's grandmother was the Queen, Queen Elizabeth II. (She hadn't died)  Lucy was currently 24 and you were 25 years old. You met when you were 20 and she was 19. As you knew Lucy for so long, you'd met the whole Royal Family. You'd met Prince John, Prince Eric, Prince Silas and Prince Robert. They were much older than you, but you didn't mind it. Prince Robert was Lucy's farther. You loved him as if he were your own father and he treated you like another daughter of his. Lucy's mother was Lady Nelly (She was your favourite person ever).

You, Lucy, Prince Robert and Nelly all finished up with dinner and discussed the evening routines.

"Are we all going to bed after dinner?" Robert asked the group.

Everyone looked at each other and finished their drinks.

"I think so, father. Unless you want to visit the horses, y/n?"
"I'm fine. I'm tired actually-" as you said that, Prince Silas walked in.

You'd been pussyfooting around Silas for the last 2 weeks. He loved a couple miles away, across the field, in his own palace. He was the 2nd youngest, but he didn't look it. He was 48, unmarried with no children. He was a little bit of a ladies man; but no girls cared, they all liked him and never shied away from admitting it, except you. You stared at your empty plate and quarter filled wine glass. 'Of course my freaking seat is the closest to the door!' You thought, trying to ignore Silas in the corner of your eye.

"Sorry, dear brother, but I wondered if I could speak with Lucy for a moment."

'Lucy? Why Lucy?' You thought. Lucy stood up and left with him. 'It's like I don't even exist to him'....

In the other room, Silas sat Lucy down and questioned her on you.
"That lady you're frequently with.... Her name?"
"Y/n."
"Good... is she looking to court anyone?"
"I expect anyone except you, uncle."
He frowned. "If you refuse to tell me, I will ask her out myself."
Lucy frowned and rolled her eyes.

Silas marched out of the room and back into the dining room. Nelly and you were in there staring out at the sun set from the window. Silas walked in and stood near you while you look out. Neither of you knew he was there until you felt his breath on the back of your neck accompanied by his warm touch around your waist. You stepped to the side and so did Nelly.

"May I help you, Silas?" Nelly asked. She was like a firm sister with the boys of the family.
"I wanted to speak with Miss y/n alone."
"What would you want with a nice, innocent young girl like her, Silas. I know what men like you want."
"I actually only wanted to talk to her about the new baby horse in the paddock. I wondered if she wanted to come with me tomorrow to see him."
You smiled. "I'd like to, Nelly. Please allow it."
She sighed. "Yes, but That better be it. Goodnight you too." Nelly walked between them and out of the room.

You smiled at one another.
"We can go tonight if you like, ma'am."
Silas' accent blew you away. He spoke slowly, but harshly. His words took your breath away like a big gust of wind.
"If you would like me to, sir." You remembered you'd forgot to curtsy to him so you quickly did. "Your royal highness..."
"No need, darling." He cupped your hand, not like a normal guy would, like a Prince would when walking down stairs with his lover. He held your hand at shoulder level and made sure to lead you carefully out of the castle, down the path and into the horse paddock. It was dark outside by now, but you didn't mind the darkness or the cold. Holding Silas' hand was enough.

Once you got to the field the horses were in, Silas noticed you only had a dress and heel on. He pulled his blazer off and put it over your shoulders. From there you wiggled your arms into the sleeves and used your arms to keep the front of the blazer closed around you. He helped you take your heels off and leave them by the gate. The grass was dry so it wasn't as if you'd get muddy feet without the shoes.

He placed his hand on the small of your back as you walked towards the stables . He stopped you and then opened the stable with the baby horse in it. He used a touch to light it up for you. And there it was, a little brown bourse with a white stripe down his nose.

"He's gorgeous." You said.
"So are you."
That took you by surprise, you assumed you must have imagined it so you ignored it.

"What will you name him?"
"Well, I thought that you could."
"Me? Isn't he the Queens horse. She should be the one to name him."
"So? That's my mum. Please name him anything at all and we can keep it a secret if you like. If anyone asks, I named him."
"Erm... Bob?"
"Bob the horse? No. Something cute, something creative... something like you."

'Did he just call me cute and creative? Jeez.' "I dunno. Maybe Aladdin?"
"Aladdin? Like the movie."
"Yes. Aladdin the horse!"
"Sure... ok then. Aladdin it is."

And as if the horse knew. It neighed.

"Good boy." Silas said and patted him. You did the same and as you did, Silas' hand went over yours while you were touching the horses nose. His hands were really warm. His hand stopped over yours and warmed your whole body up. Neither of you wanted to move his hand and he didn't. While you stared at his hand over yours, he stepped closer to you and rested his lips on your right cheek.

"How much longer will you be staying at the palace?" He whispered.
"For as long as Lucy wants me here," you whispered back.
"Good." His lips made contact with your cheek again and this time he kissed you. His lips heated your whole face up. You turned to your right and there he was. His blue eyes someone illuminated in the darkness, the rest of his face was shadowy. Something in your mind was telling you to stop it,  it you couldn't. Your face moved towards his and your lips met. It was so wrong, but so right at the same time.

His lips were gentle with yours. His left hand came up to the side of your face and touched your cheek and jaw. Your hands met around the back of his neck and you played with the wispy bits of blonde hair at the back of his head with the tips of your fingers as the kiss went on. The only sounds were the sounds of the horse and far away birds chirping. The kiss broke off and the pair of you look out at the sky around you. The moon was full and bright, how romantic. You turned back to him. "We should do this again."
"Hmm, I'm glad you agree." And they kissed again.

The end.