Untitled Part 18

Next day: 

Finally this day came. My first Toman meeting ever since I got out of the hospital, finally we're going to find out who's going to be the new 1st Division captain. Mikey did not say a word about it and whenever I tried to ask about it he either ignored me or just changed the subject which made me uneasy, knowing this idiot I wouldn't be surprised if it's fucking Hanma or some shit as Mikey loves pulling stunts like that, but with Chifuyu being the vice captain I hope Mikey discussed it with him.

It felt great to wear the Toman uniform again and to ride on my own even if the weather wasn't exactly the best for bike rides. The snow been falling heavily and many of us cursed Mikey for being so adamant to meet at the Musashi shrine. Not enough we're going to freeze our asses off but also gotta somehow climb the goddamn stairs which I imagine gonna feel more like a fucking ice rink than anything else. Is that his plan? Who ever actually makes it to the top gets to be captain? I giggle to myself at the thought as I shut off Goki and take my helmet off once I arrive at the carpark by the foot of the shrine. 

"Someone's in a good a mood" I hear Takashi's voice from behind me and I just give him a wide grin.

"You kiddin'? I'm finally back, baby" I grin feeling like an excited child as I stretch.

"It's glad to have you back" Hakkai gives me a grin then gives me a bro hug and pats my back.

"It was too quiet without you" I hear a familiar voice and my eyes widen. 

"PAH!" I yell and I tackle the missing captain. "I didn't know you been released!" 

"Yeah they shortened my sentence for good behaviour" he winks then hugs me tight.

"They didn't know you, that's why" Takashi grins and we all let out a laugh and pat Pah's shoulder.  

"Definitely not" Draken chimes in with a grin as he appears behind us actually scaring Hakkai and me. 

"I didn't miss any of you fuckers" Pah frowns playfully and Peh just lets out an offended gasp.

"Pah you just lost your husband" I laugh and the guys burst out laughing as Peh acts like an offended lady. 

It felt nice to laugh. We all missed Pah so much, we missed the team. Everything felt like before I was just waiting for Baji to chime in until I suddenly realized he won't. I stop in my track and just turn towards the parking lot, my eyes desperately searching for him. I'm waiting to hear the Goki's exhaust, to hear his cursing as he gets off of his bike and cursing at the vehicle for almost dying on him before giving me a big grin. Even if I deep down I know he won't be there I just stand there and wait. A tear rolls down my cheek until I feel a hand on my shoulder. 

"I miss him too..." as I turn I find Chifuyu standing there looking at me from under his messy black bangs. "Not gonna lie I also waited for him to show up" he sighs then offers me a smile. "Don't be sad. Knowing Baji if he'd see us being sad and depressed over him he'd kick our ass" he frowns and I can't help but let out a small laugh.

"Thanks Matsuno" I smile at him then I hug him. "You're doing alright?" 

"Of course, Peke J keeps me busy" he chuckles. "Though I hate this weather. I do not like snow" he frowns which makes me chuckle a bit.

"To be fair I happily would've had this meeting somewhere indoors" I chuckle then sigh as I look at the stairs then suddenly let out a yelp as I see something sliding down almost knocking me over. 

Once the something stops at the bottom of the stairs we realize it's not a something but a someone and that someone is Hakkai.

"I hate Mikey..." he groans as he lays on his back rubbing his ass. Chifuyu and I couldn't help but let out a laugh before helping the vice-captain up onto his feet.