Chapter 5: The Blonde

They all decide to skip work and school the next day. It's a bit crazy, but like Haseul said, who cares about work or school when their lives were on the line?

They talk with each other, thinking of anything against the people who tried to kill them. They come up with nothing. They have no idea and don't know anything. They don't know why they are trying to kill them, where their headquarters is, or literally anything that could help them.

They eventually settle on just learning to improve their fighting. They learn that Jiwoo has a black belt in taekwondo, and Hyunjin knows a whole bunch of fighting moves for some reason. Sooyoung and Jungeun know a few moves from school fights and Haseul took a defense class before.

They split into pairs so they could teach each other.

Heejin and Hyunjin

Sooyoung and Chaewon

Jiwoo and Yerim

Jungeun and Vivi

Yeojin and Haseul

They arrive at Hyunjin's mom's warehouse. It is a vast area, perfect for practicing and training. Hyunjin's mom is going to be away for the next 3 weeks, so they could just use the area.

. . .

Heejin walks with Hyunjin. Hyunjin pulls out a punching bag and tells her,

"Let's start with something simple," she says, approaching the punching bag. "This is a punch. I'm right handed so I put my left foot in front. Then, I wind up my punch and push it forward as hard as I can. The secret for more power is in the hips. Watch."

Heejin could barely see Hyunjin punch. She was too fast. The punch created a loud thud that echoed through the warehouse.

"Remember to rotate the hips before the fist. More power."

Heejin stands in front of the punching bag, still swaying from Hyunjin's punch. She gives it her best shot and punches the bag.

"Damn. You look like a fucking fish when it's not in water," Hyunjin says. "Also your hips are still off. Try again."

Heejin tries again.

"How do you manage to make that one worse than your last one? Here, let me help," Hyunjin says.

Hyunjin walks behind Heejin and grasps Heejin's fists.

"The motion is like this," Hyunjin says, moving Heejin's arms.

Hyunjin's soft voice echoes through Heejin's ears.

"Your hips are also very off. All power comes from the hips. Is it alright if I hold you for a second?"

Heejin nods.

Hyunjin places her hands on Heejin's hips.

"They turn like this."

"Then, just put the motions together. It's simple. Try again."

Hyunjin steps away.

Heejin tries again.

Hyunjin says, "Better. Widen your stance."

. . .

They spend the next hour practicing that one punch. Heejin punches and Hyunjin gives her advice. Heejin thought that Hyunjin would never be satisfied with her punch, until she gives her 104th punch. Yes, Heejin counted.