Chapter 12: Terrible Agony

As the sun seeps through the gaps in the trees, Yerim takes a seat on a nearby rock.

She watches everyone else eat.

She's not that hungry.

So instead, her eyes wander to the beautiful nature in front of her.

Soaring above, vines flood the dense trees of the forest, while below, vibrant-colored flowers speckle the surfaces of rocks.

"How much further?" Chaewon asks.

"We've only gone about 50 miles. This car is so bulky, I felt like we were going slower than a snail," Jinsoul responds, leaning against a tree.

Yerim stretches her hands out.

I'm kinda tired

A glimpse of movement.

Yerim flinches and stands up.

"What's wrong?" Yeojin asks.

Yerim responds, scanning the landscape, "You guys didn't see that?"

Then, the footsteps.

Several footsteps.

A man runs into the clearing. Not even a second later, several men arrive behind, one looking slightly strange.

"Yo! Welcome to the party!" Sooyoung says and stands up, her hands overflowing with electricity.

The attackers disperse.

One of them heads for Yerim.

She kicks, flames spraying from her heel. She feels a hand block it and wraps around her leg, preventing her from moving. She tries pulling, but the grip gets tighter, almost cutting off her circulation.

Shoot

But, instead of a painful flip to the ground, she feels the grip around her leg loosen.

She pulls her leg away and backs up.

The attacker stumbles.

Heejin stands behind the attacker.

Yerim watches as Heejin pushes her hands out, shooting a powerful gust of wind at the man.

He flips to the ground, clutching his chest from the impact.

Wow, nice moves

Yerim looks up to see a man sprinting for Heejin.

Heejin turns around and lifts her arms, sending the man soaring straight up.

Yerim sprints hard and jumps. She feels an extra boost of wind beneath her feet.

Winding her arm back, she closens toward the man.

She releases the punch.

He gets sent flying, fire burning on his clothes.

Yerim falls from the air, feeling a soft landing of wind.

"Nice," Heejin says after Yerim lands on the ground.

Yerim responds with a smile.

She scans the landscape, looking for her next opponent.

Out of the corner of her eye, Yerim finds another attacker.

This one had caught her eye from the beginning.

He looks and acts differently.

Not in a good way.

He just stands there, watching the chaos occur. His eyes glow a terrifying emerald green, and his body jerks continuously.