Chapter 13: Remember?

"We really have to walk?" Sooyoung asks.

"Yeah, what else can we do?" Haseul says.

"I don't know. It just seems kinda stupid that we have like superpowers and we can't fly. Unless Jungeun can teleport us there."

"Hell no. I have no idea how I teleported you that one time. I can't do it again," Jungeun says.

"Space manipulation can only apply to non-living forms and the elemental manipulator herself," Yerim explains. "The book actually says that space manipulators cannot teleport others because space manipulation makes the user or thing undergo what is known as "fatigue blinking." This is when the user can let space pass through them and relocate elsewhere. The book actually says it's impossible to fatigue blink another living thing, so I was a little surprised that you did it."

"Holy shit, really?" Jungeun says and stops walking.

"Alright, I guess that option is out of the way, but why not fly?" Sooyoung says and turns to Heejin.

"Yeah, like I can levitate 12 humans at once and fly them 50 miles," Heejin responds.

Sooyoung sighs and continues walking.

"It's alright. Walking is kinda fun!" Jiwoo says.

"Yah Jiwoo. Stop trying to make your girlfriend feel better," Jungeun says.

Jiwoo turns red and looks at Sooyoung, who also has a pink tinge on her cheeks.

"W-we're not girlfriends," Sooyoung says.

Chaewon says, "Pfft, yeah right."

. . .

The rest of the day and night pass by.

Chaewon, laying against a redwood tree, spins a few icicles in her hand.

"Morning loser."

Chaewon looks up. "Why are you up so early?"

Hyeju responds, "So I can't wake up early in peace anymore?"

Chaewon chuckles.

Hyeju takes a seat next to her. "So watcha doing?"

"Just ice manipulating."

"You know what we should do?"

"What?"

Hyeju stands back up and says, "Stand up."

Chaewon grudgingly pulls herself up. "I'm still tired you know."

"Too bad," Hyeju says. "I want to try something cool."

Hyeju steps out into the clearing and points at a nearby rock. "Jump here."

Chaewon looks at Hyeju, who just responds with a "please" look.

She willingly jumps.

In the air, she watches as the ground in front of her shoots up. She lands softly, now a few feet off the ground.

"Is that all?" Chaewon says and looks back.

Hyeju says, "Patience child. Jump here, then jump here."

She points to the space in front of Chaewon.

Chaewon willingly jumps again, putting her trust in whatever Hyeju seems to be doing.

Her foot makes contact with a hard, rocky platform. She pushes herself up again.

She lands on the final pillar of earth.

Chaewon looks down. She's about 15 feet in the air.

Hyeju puts her arms out and slowly lowers them, bringing the pillars down with them. "Alright, now do it again, but now do it quickly."