The Beginning

This is my first time writing something this lengthy but I have been thinking about this story for a long time now. I have been a huge fan of light novels and manga and like every other fan I also wanted to write my own light novel one day and here I am finally starting it. It's going to be a pretty long journey. So, prepare yourself for some excitement packed story. Hope you all like this light novel presented by a teenager solely based on his imagination and some google searches (sorry I am bad at cracking jokes). So here you go please dive into it and enjoy yourself to the fullest.
- Utsav Bhatta

Vol 1, Chapter 1 ( Le 'Q' arc )

We have all heard this saying at least once in our lifetime, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" but still we do not give much attention to it. You will get attracted to opposite gender at first glance, decide to buy a cloth at first glance and there are countless examples like these. All you see is the outer look and think it's right but later on when it is revealed to you that it was not the right decision to choose it, you give the blame to others, you try to your fullest to show that you are innocent and you are the one that have been affected by it but deep down you also know that it was you at fault but sadly no one never accepts it.

The world has become something like this over the period of time, year 2079 the protagonist of our story 15 year old Blake Robbins is talking to himself in his mind while he is in his 12th grade graduation ceremony, "If I at least come in 5th position then no one can stop me from cracking FHAE and fulfilling my dream."

The host calls the top five position holders on the stage and guess what?, Blake's name was not on the list. Later on when he checked the ranking he was at 6th position, his twelve years of schooling flashed before his eyes when he saw that. He thought to himself, "I didn't even get to the top five rank in my school then how am I going to crack the FHAE?".

After being disappointed in himself for a while Blake returned home in despair, ate a cup noodle and slept.

Credits:AnGoArt

Credits:AnGoArt

In his dream he remembered the time when he first learned about FHAE.

"Where are you going?"

"To the park, seems like something interesting is happening there.", Kid Blake replied in a cheerful voice while closing the door.

A guy in his locality was asking children what they wanted to be in the future and Blake raised his hand confidently and said, "The crest minister of Lestor".

That guy replied in a gentle voice, "That's not a bad dream, crest minister is the highest authority of a particular country and since you are from Lestor you will become the minister of one of the five great nations."

Blake sighed, "Yeah, but I still don't know how I can become a crest minister. They don't teach about that in school."

"Listen it's not a easy task to become someone important like that, so if you really want to accomplish that dream then the fastest way will be to crack FHAE", that guy replied.

Blake had never heard that word in his life nor he knew what that was but when he listened to that guy explaining about FHAE, Blake got goosebumps all over his body and became unexpectedly happy.

So, until our protagonist wakes up from his sweet childhood dream, let me explain about what is "FHAE" and every other thing related to it.

"Flawless Human Assembly Examination", is said to be the hardest exam in the world and it is believed that those who cracks this exam can get 'access' to anything they want. It is said that those who don't even get top five rank in their school do not even stand a chance in FHAE. This exam is taken every year in Lestor under the control of top five SLET's of the world and every year nine million students from across the globe appear in Lestor to give this exam and the selection rate is only 0.67%.

After the compulsory twelve years of schooling the students have two choices, do any random job that is up to your capability or join one of the "SLET" and prepare for FHAE.

Some students even leave their home country and come to Lestor to study in their SLET's because they are known as the "best" ones in the whole world.

Now let's get back....

"That was one hell of a dream that I saw.", Blake murmured while he woke up.

One of the favorite things for Blake to do is read manga. So, whenever he wants to calm down he starts reading a new manga.

While he reads the manga he remembers the hard work he did in the hopes to get to the top position in his school but he failed, something similar happens to the protagonist of the manga he was reading as well.

"No matter how many times this guy fails he works so hard to accomplish his goal and here I am being disappointed in myself, I hope no one saw that pathetic side of me.", Blake thought to himself.

"You are not obligated to win, you are obligated to keep trying to do the best you can everyday."

While remembering these great words of certain American activist Blake decides to join one of the SLET's and crack the FHAE to fulfill his dream despite of his low grade.

He searched on the internet in which SLETs he could join with his grade and only the SLETs from bottom were available. So, he decides to join the one which was top ten from bottom of the list, SLET Le 'Q'.

It was only ten minutes away from his home so he went and did the admission right away. The fee was really a lot in comparison to it's rank with other SLETs, so Blake had to spend all of the money from his saving account for the fee. Staying in the hostel was compulsory, so, Blake moved there the same day.

 Staying in the hostel was compulsory, so, Blake moved there the same day

                              Credits: Anidraw

His next four years are going to be spent in this new place, who knows what type of hardships are going to appear in front of him, what type of new friends is he going to make and at the end of the day, will he even be able to fulfill his dream?
- To be continued..

( If you are confused about what are SLET's then don't worry it is going to be revealed in the next part.)

If you have any problems or suggestions regarding my work then you can contact me through : ubhatta94@gmail.com