SLETs

I always wanted to create a protagonist for my light novel who had flaws, who made mistakes and who was not always right. I wanted him to replicate me sometimes as well, I guess it was the right decision to take.
-Utsav Bhatta

Vol 1, Chapter 2 ( Le 'Q' arc )

The journey of Blake in Le 'Q' has finally started and today is his first day in it. He is excited, as well as curious to know the environment of his SLET. Today he has finally taken a step closer towards reaching his goal.

"But, I have to admit it, this place is really big and it gives you a proper environment to study", Blake thought to himself while looking around and walking in the hallway.

"My classroom no. is 6688 so I guess it will be this one", he gawked at the door while saying it.

He slowly opened the door and everyones attention shifted towards him. Blake became quite nervous but he slowly went towards the empty bench at the last row and sat on it. He could see the mesmerizing view of the city from the window next to him.

"Which sport club did you attended when you were in school?", a black skin coloured guy with straight black hair asked Blake this question with a big smile on his face.

"C-chess", Blake replied while being completely surprised. "Do I know you somehow?", he continued.

"Hmm chess, interesting", he mumbled while seeing Blake with his big eyes.

*This image is not mine, credits belong to the original maker.

"This guy is kinda weird and rude. I don't think he is from Lestor as well. Wait... if I clearly see everyones face, most of them seem to be foreigners, so the rumour about students leaving their home country to come study in Lestor's SLETs was true", Blake talked with himself while looking around the class.

After a minute a teacher with gloomy look, straight black hair and glasses entered the classroom and slammed the door. Everyone slowly stood up and the class became a dead fish for a minute...

"It's been a while since I have seen this lot of garbage in the same place.", he said this with a grin on his face.

The atmosphere of the classroom changed and everyone got the pissed off look on their faces but Blake didn't mind it too much because he used to hear much worse things in his school.

The teacher continued, "Listen you garbages, all of you are idiots who couldn't get into top SLETs because of your low grades or personality. Now you guys have come here in hope that without the top ranked SLETs you can crack the FHAE as well."

While looking into Blake eyes, "I even heard that some trash cans who couldn't even get top five rank in their schools have taken admission here."

Blake didn't care about it at all and continued to listen to him. The teacher sat on the table and carried on, "You guys have done one of the biggest mistakes of your life by joining here. It would have been better if you all did something else after not getting admission in top rank SLETs."

No one was happy to hear this, but, the teacher continued in a loud voice, "But, we can do nothing about it now, since you guys are the students of Le 'Q' from now on, I will be the one who will change you garbages into those last six graduates that will remain at the top after stepping upon other 8,999,994 corpses of students from across the globe."

Everyone got a smile on their face after hearing this and most of them were getting excited. This feeling of excitement was not new for Blake. It was same as the time when he first heard about FHAE.

"I am not going to waste time on introductions and other unnecessary craps, everyone sit down on your desks", the teacher started writing something on the board.

*This image is not mine, credits belong to the original maker.

"Since this is the first class, I will start from the basics. You all are here to crack the FHAE and every year out of nine million students only six of them get selected from every part of the world. So even if we assume all the graduates are from this SLET only, then the chance of "you" cracking the examination is very low. I am not trying to scare you guys, I am just making you familiar with the harsh reality."

A student raises his hand, "Sir but we already know th-"., "From now onwards, no one will dare to raise their hand when I am talking", the teacher said that and takes a deep breath.

"Seems like you piece of shits think you know a lot. So, I will begin from the starting point, to crack FHAE students have to study in particular type of college for four years named SLETs which are available in every corner of the world. In total there are 300 SLETs in the world and currently you are in one of them. Every year 17 million students take admission in different SLETs all around the world and until the 4th year that number gets decreased to nine million. You all are free to leave right now if you want to, even if you don't give up right now let's see how many of you will survive till the last year", he grins.

"Same shit, another day. This guy reminds me of him.", Blake thought to himself.

The teacher carried on, "The main reason why students give up cracking the FHAE is because of these five things", he point out his writing on the board.

Math, Political Science, Social Science, Economics and Sports Science was written on the board.

"I am sure you guys have studied or at least heard about these subjects once in your lifetime, but they are not gonna be as easy as they were in school. You all will study these five compulsory subjects in order to crack FHAE for the next four years. You can study other additional subjects as well if you want to, but these are the ones from which the question will come in FHAE.", The teacher had a serious look on his face.

"As you all know higher the rank of a particular SLET, more facilities the students get so if you want to improve, you have to increase the rank of Le 'Q'. There are many ways to do it but the major one is winning the "Three Summons", the teacher simplified.

"What is this "Three Summons and why are there only five subjects. Most of the stuff that I learned from the internet regarding FHAE seems to be fake.?", Blake questioned himself.
-To be continued

(What exactly are the "Three Summons?" and are those five subjects even that hard?, these questions remains unsolved until the next part)

If you have any problems, suggestions regarding my work then you can contact me through: ubhatta94@gmail.com