Chapter 5

Driftmark

Driftmark

Kataerys's POV

I stood next to Rhaena as the citizens of Driftmark kept talking, well arguing.

Grandma sat on the throne, and for the citizen it felt like an abomination, a few council members have spoken their opinions out, they'd rather have the children of Laena on the throne.

"This isn't up for a debate, we want a leader of pure blood on the throne, a true Valaryon!" A voice yells

I could hear rhaena chuckle a little, I knew she didn't want the problems of ruling, if I was to rule I would want to rule as a good queen, but not in a world like this, Baela doesn't even have the time for all of this.

I laid on the bed, with rhaena siting on a sofa in my room, "do you presume them right?" She asks, I raise my head up, "a good queen or king is measured by how you rule, grandma would make a good queen, but that would stop people from having an opinion" I replied, "so you and father are off to kings landing?" Rhaena asks, "you know you can come too" she sighs, "it's be nice wouldn't it, but I have to head back to dragonstone with rhaenyra".

For the past month, father has been pressuring me into taking vhagar as my dragon, for you to ride  dragon, I feel you need to be able to make a connection with that dragon, I can't seem to have that connect I had with Lilith, with any other dragon.

KingsLanding

"Kate, it's good to see you" Helena says as she smiled, "you too Helena".

Father and I would only be spending a few days or a week here, "I heard about the problem on Driftmark" Helena says, "coming hereifjt help clear my head" I reply, "but don't you want to rule, or the twins" she asks, "I couldn't rule" was my reply to her, she holds my hands "you'd make a great queen".

Father and uncle viserys had a meeting the the councils, he wanted my presence there but I declined.

"Didn't think we'd be seeing your face here for a while" an ugly tone says, "Aegon don't you have something better to do?" I ask, he smirks before chuckling, "I was thinking about the issue on Driftmark, imagine your as a queen and I as king, we'd be unstoppable" I rolled my eyes and looked toward Helena, I could tell she was so done with him, "I think I'd rather stab myself with a fork multiple times" Helena's chuckling could be heard behind me, Aegon scoffs, "you should be grateful, it's no wonder you aren't married yet, no man can deal with your exasperating self" with that he walks away.

"Lady Helena your mother is in need of your audience" a maid says, "we'll talk later" she muttered before walking off.

I strolled through the castle halls, soon I saw something fly through the sky, standing by the edge of the balcony I watched as Lilith landed, looked like she was getting comfortable with Aemond.

"You know if you want to take her out you are more than welcome to" a voice stops me in my track, his voice sounded mature, "a nice offer but I'm fine, you've grown" I say, he smirks, "you too, I mean you always look good" he whispers, "so how's training with cole, and your nephews?" I asks, he groaned a little, "could be better".

Aemond and I kept walking around the halls, he was different than his younger self, "I wanted to ask you something" he voice broke the silence, "I know we've had our differences, and my mother despises your family, but I- I can't stop, I can't stop thinking of you" I was officially dumbfounded, I stared him, I mean I knew he might have had feelings on me but that was when he was younger, I thought it would have died down by now, apparently I am wrong.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same way, it's stupid" he says, I looked up at him, "it's worth a shot, father won't be pleased when he hears about this" I mumble.

For the next few days, Aemond and I hung out a lot, Helena would join us a few times, all she'd complain about was Aegon.

I laid down on Aemond's bed as he kept go on about gods know what, "I was thinking, about telling mother and father about us" he says, "what?" I ask, "I know, I know, but I don't  want to keep this a secret, I want all of Westeros to know I'm in love with you" he says as he took off his eye patch, I stood up slowly, "so you're in love with me?" I ask teasing him , "I'd do anything to prove it" I smiled at his response, slowly putting my hands on his face, "I'm not sure I've seen a lot of people who look hot with one eye" he cackled out loud before lifting me up, "tonight for dinner I want you to join me, tonight I'm telling mother and father about us" he whispers in my ear before placing a kiss on my neck.

"Im so pleased to see you joining us for dinner, even if it's going to get chaotic soon " Helena whispers, "very chaotic" I whisper back to her, a small smile crept unto her face.

Aemond took a sit next to me as he walked into the room, "ah didn't know we'd have guest tonight" queen Alicent mumbled, my lips twitched, Aemond held my hands under the table, "she's my guest mother" he replied, she smiled a little, "perfect" I could hear every ounce of sarcasm in her response.

Dinner was going great until Aemond brought up the question, "absolutely not!" She yelled, I looked up and saw Helena, chaos was about to break lose.