Chapter 7

Dragonstone

Dragonstone

Kataerys's POV

"Aemond, like one eye Aemond, you like him?" Rhaena asks a chuckle escaped my lips, "didn't he take your dragon?" Baela asks "father might cut off someone's head if he hears this" Baela grumbled a response, I knew she wasn't wrong.

"How was your trip to the Red Keep?" Rhaenyra asks "very, eventful" I reply.

I stood in the corner of the great hall as a table brought in, on it were models, building models, father and rhaenyra have been planning, that's my problem with the iron throne, everybody wants to sit on it.

I sat at dinner while everyone ate, "Uhmm I have an announcement" I say, Baela and rhaena both looked at each other before heavily breathing, I sighed, "what is it Kat?" Father asks, I cleared my throat, "Aemond-" I was interrupted "is dead?" Luke asks, Baela began laughing, "Uhmm no, Aemond and I are together" I say, everyone at the table stopped eating, Luke coughed out loud, "she's kidding right?" He ask.

"Kat, I need to understand this well, you and Aemond are in a relationship?" Father asks, "I know how everyone feels about the greens, but I'm tired of the whole thing, I can't stop loving someone just because my family can't stand each other" I reply, "you love him?" Father asks again, "yes, I do, and I hate myself for figuring it out too late".

I knew rhaenyra probably never wanted to speak with me after that, but I was wrong, "Katie are you in here?" A voice interrupted me, I looked up from the book in my hands, "Rhaenyra, I knew you're disappointed in me" I say, "I'm not, just surprised, love is a strong thing, and I have been forced to do a lot in my life, I'm not going to force you stop loving someone, it's your life, you have to live it the way you want to, even if it means you have to with people I can't stand" she says pulling me into a hug, I felt a tear drop from my eyes, "I love you and your sisters so much, and I want you all to have a great life" she whispers.

TWO WEEKS LATER
KingsLanding

For the past hour uncle Veamond has been talking about the ruling of Driftmark and about father and rhaenyra's marriage, I don't need to see a vision to know he is digging himself a grave right now.

I heard someone yawn next to me, looking behind me I saw Aemond standing close to me, "hey little dove" he whispers, "he has a death wish" he added, I looked back at him wanting to kiss him so badly.

I was so focused on leaving, I did not notice my uncle's head on the floor of the throne room, gasp could be heard all around, I watched as blood dripped out of his brains, while everybody argued I stared at uncle vaemond head, turning to look at it well, "dove are you alright?" Aemond asks, I stared at him for some reason I couldn't reply, I just nodded and walked out of the throne room.

I told the guard by the door not to let anyone in except for an emergency.

Taking a deep breath I sat on the chair by the balcony, honestly I felt like screaming when father cut of uncle Aemond's head, not because I was scared or it terrified me, I just felt like screaming, I still can't understand why this happens to me, it seemed to occur when people are around me most of the time.

A knock interrupted me, "dove, your guard says you didn't want to be disturbed" Aemond says as he walked in, "please tell me he's still alive?" I ask, he chuckled, "yeah" I rolled my eyes before turning back toward the balcony, "you look out of it love, whats the problem?" He asks as he wraps his arms around my waist, "I don't know Aemond, I don't understand what's going on, too much is going on" I reply, "well after dinner tonight, maybe we could figure something to do, just the both of us" he whispers as a kiss was place on my forehead, I nodded.

Dinner was mostly awkward, again. But uncle viserys seemed to be happy, which was all that mattered, I guess. What surprised me most was how everyone was interacting with each other, "that dress looks heavenly on you little dove" Aemond whipered, "I want to take it off you" the lust in his eyes says it all, I wore a dress to dinner because it might be uncle viserys's last dinner with his family.

Laughter could be heard around the table, I
Looked up and my eyes met uncle viserys, he smiled softly at me before looking to Aemond who was sorted beside me.

Helena had the pleasure to bless us with a joke, gods her humor was underrated, I alone laughed at her joke causing everyone to look at both of us, and of course the joke was about Aegon obviously, he wasn't to happy about it. Music was playing, "Katie are you alright?" Rhaena asks, everyone looked at me, a tear fell on my hands, I didn't know why I was crying, "I'm fine, I don't know what that was" I replied, I watched as uncle viserys was carried away, then it dawned on me.

While Helena and Jace danced everyone kept talking, but I could sense chaos reeling in.

Just then a pig was carried and placed on the table
In front of us, I heard a little snicker, Aemond slammed his cup on the table before proposing a toast, "ah here we go again" Helena says.

The room thought Aemond was being well nice, as he praised rhaenyra's kids, that was until he said something that pissed Jace off, "Aemond please" I interrupt him, "why, huh? Aren't you strong?" He asks, Jace stepped forward before punching Aemond "that's enough!" I shouted causing everyone to stop, "what is wrong with all of you? Why can't we just get along huh?, has the throne taken away all morals away from you all that you wish to kill each other? To hurt each other?" Everyone kept looking at me before staring at each other, "I wished that one day, our family would be whole again, but that wish is over, I've lost fate in this family, growing up kids were told the story about how powerful the Targaryens were, imagine them watch as we quarrel with each other, everyone wants someone dead, dinner can't go without a fight, and I'm tired of it all, I always thought my emotions controlled the way I acted, but I was wrong, every emotion I have felt weren't mine but everyone around me, I can't stay here any more, I need to think, need to start a new clear my mind, I can't do that around any of you, enjoy the rest of the dinner" I walked toward Helena, "you can come with me, this life isn't for you, you deserve happiness" I say, she started crying, I pulled her into a hug, "please come with me" I begged, she wanted to I could see it in her eyes but she stepped back, "I understand", I looked at rhaena and Baela , "you both can come with me, but it's your choice" I say and with that I walked out of the room.

In my room I arranged my bag, "you aren't planning on leaving are you Kat?" Father ask as he walked into the room, i couldn't face him, I just kept packing  "please don't try to stop me" I pleaded, he said nothing else but pulled me into a hug, "I love you so much Kat, and I'm sorry if I disappointed you" he says, I kept hugging him, "and know that whenever you come back we'll be waiting for you" he added, "rhaenyra asked you to say that didn't she?"I ask cashing him to laugh.

I stayed in my room for a while, "little dove" a voice says, "I'm not changing my mind" "I know dove, I'm not asking you to, you once asked me, what I'd do if I wasn't royal, well now I'm answering again, I can't live without you, I've tried and failed, wherever you go, I'll be there, we can travel the world together" he says, I pulled his face toward mine, when I pulled away from the kiss we both gasped for air.

I kept trying to persuading rhaena and Baela to come with me, Baela wanted to but said she had other plans, rhaena wanted to remain with father, I respected their choices.