Chapter 5: Economic Downfall

Day 1: 11 hours, 02 minutes (11:02 am, local time)

"Iida and his team are regrouping at the bank." Shouji Mezou looked over the wall of holograms and camera feeds from across the city, his top arms folded across his chest as the lower four deftly manipulated the images on the screens. "Todoroki and Tsuburaba are holding, but Todoroki retreated back to the far side of the street."

Mezou had been impressed by the outfit given to him the day before, courtesy of Mei and Momo. It consisted of deep blue slacks, a crisp white shirt somehow tailored for all his arms, and a black tie. Along with those were a pair of black suspenders, a deep green-and-black vest, a new mask, and a matching hat. His hat was a full-on stetson—broad curled rim, angled pinch, and tanned leather for the band. Alongside his 'boss,' it was clear that he was the muscle, the left hand. The mask itself was slightly different from his usual cloth. It was taller, coming to just under his eye sockets, and made of a tougher plastic material. After taking a few minutes to adjust, it had seemed to practically melt into his skin along the edge, and the note from Hacker and Forgery informed him that it was able to filter the air. That was a nice benefit.

"Radio check," came the voice of Izuku from the table behind him.

"This is Blackout. Nightmare and I are both losing steam. The sunlight has reached the end of the block and is pulling up on the doors. We are pushing our limits as it is."

"This is Hold Up, the standoff's getting tense. We've both taken to resting on our sides of the street, but sooner or later the tension's gonna blow. They keep looking like they're ready to jump the gun."

"This is PR. I got the bank vault open and the objective's been retrieved. Waiting for the ground team to open the exit."

"This is Smuggler. Bank sub-basement is estimated five minutes from contact."

"Larceny here. Beta charges placed, detonation is at your command."

"Forgery speaking. We are still looking for objective 3, but we have number 2 held captive and ready for transport. We require an opening to get underground."

"Confirmed all. Hold positions, update coming in five." Mezou nodded while marking each objective down and looked back.

There, sitting with his mask held up to the light, was Izuku with the other two members of the 'King' team.

To the left was a figure, dressed much like Izuku but with the full suit jacket and tie. A black vest on a black shirt, together with a green tie. A full-face helmet with a glowing green question mark hid his features and hair. A fedora accented with a purple and green flower in its band rested on top of it. He tilted his head, and a slightly distorted drawl came through the speakers. "Well, now. It seems that makes four objectives in reach of our hands. Eleven still left to hunt for."

The other figure nodded, tapping furiously on her computer. Her outfit was different, a long black dress with pink-tinged snake scale patterns winding around it. Her mask was a full-face gas mask, with an attached hood and short scarf around her neck. "We have possible locations for another seven objectives and Animal is continuing his search pattern from the tunnels to try and find the rest."

Standing up, Kingpin walked around the holograms to a slot of light between two curtains in a large glass window and looked out, observing the noon sun rising into position.

"Pull the Cash-Out plan on the bank. Hacker, Con Man, you're going to be up in a few hours. Get some rest, we've been up half the night. Assault, help set up a chase with the government crew. Have Hold Up and Graffiti take the truck and a civil-bot hostage. Have Drug-Runner prep for them in the northern half, in the fourth tunnel," he called out, eyes tracing the faint lines of smoke from near the bank. "And tell them to bust out the guns for this. Leave an impression."