Chapter 17: Midnight Bash, Buildings Crash

Day 2: 0 hours, 21 minutes (12:21 am, local time)

The truck roared down the street and only slowed at the last moment, skidding as it went around a far corner and down a side-street. Finally, after a running battle, it pulled into a short driveway to a tall warehouse at the corner of the fake city. The truck pulled into the lot and took a sharp turn, fishtailing as it turned around and pulled up aside an open loading dock and braking.

"You are late," came the terse voice of Tokoyami Fumikage, stepping into sight. With the red glow etching his outfit, he appeared ethereal, menacing and demonic all the same time. Behind him, Kuroiro Shihai moved forwards in a forklift, lowering a pallet with a thick wooden crate onto the back of the truck. Through the shattered rear window, Yosetsu leaned out and touched both the pallet and the truck bed, the faint hiss of them fusing reaching their ears as the two other villains stepped into the truck.

"Sorry, vine problem," Sen muttered, finally taking a moment to reload and check his guns.

"So we heard," Shihai's voice, dry and rough, confirmed. "Let's go, we have unwanted friends coming our way."

Yosetsu needed no further prompting. With sharp motions, he popped the clutch, slammed the gas, and let the brakes go. With a squeal, the truck shot off, the three passengers in the back holding the cabin and sides as the truck sped up.

"Fuck, incoming on the tru–"

That's when the massive glacier formed and blocked off the road they were heading for.

Twenty minutes and five floors of melting, twisted combat in a seven-story building later, and the fight was still not over. Each floor they had passed through got destroyed thoroughly before the villains escaped, taking the stairs or simply falling through a floor like liquid as they evaded capture.

Thank God for Gunhead-sensei's insane training regiment.

The heroes were running ragged and the villains weren't doing much better. The three heroes stood staring past a twisted and distorted corridor, into two massive handfuls of brick pulled from the walls of the hallway and smashed into a half-formed wall between the heroes and the villains. At some point Honenuki Juzou had lost his staff and hat, now looking worn down, sporting quite the bruise across his temple from a lucky hit by Tsuburaba. Kendou Itsuka looked far worse, her arms black and red, dark purple bruises already forming up to her shoulders and her hands all colored in purple.

"Alpha, Gamma is coming in now."

Uraraka couldn't help but grin as she heard the good news of her backup coming in. Her opponents tensed as they readied to fight once more.

"Wai– WATCH OUT FOR THE ACID!"

Ojiro frowned as he looked at the two girls who had intercepted his team. With a quick motion, he held his two allies, both hard-headed as could be, back from running into a trap; a rooftop layered with pools of acid, the corrosion weak enough to not kill, but more than strong enough to weaken the roof to the consistency of something like styrofoam. Across the stretch of the decayed and corroded roof, were the two most disturbing villains he had seen yet, Alien Queen and Poltergeist. (Ojiro didn't know their true villain aliases, and honestly never wanted to find out).

"I hate horror movies," Ojiro muttered, and then he was busy dodging acid and spectral limbs.

"Intercept successful, Horrors on the roof of the exit with the company. Get ready."

Juzou felt elation. They could finally stop delaying for the others. The original plan had been to simply escape, but with the eyes on them, Con and Hacker had suggested they fight, drawing it out as long as possible. Now, with their reinforcements here and ready to exit, he tapped into the reserve he had been holding onto, pulling as much power and range from his Quirk as he could.