Chapter 6: Fear, Lies, and Heavy Weaponry

Day 1: 11 hours, 19 minutes (11:19 am, local time)

The standoff at the government building was momentarily distracted.

The sound of explosions and the growing cloud of dust and smoke in the distance made all heads turn that way; the heroes looking on with disbelief, the villains with a sense of relief and tension. Next was his turn.

Inside his gas mask, Kaibara Sen was also talking frantically with his partner. "He said to use the gun?"

"You heard him as well as I did! I'm just thankful that Forgery is here to help me finish setting this up and I hope to God that Hacker's guns work the way she said. This is going to be rough either way."

"Fine. Forgery, Sparkle, you two good?" he asked.

"We'll be fine. Animal already has the escape route open and we are less than a minute from the third objective. Then we'll take the low road back to HQ. It is quite a shame that we didn't have enough explosives to blow up the government building in its entirety in order to cover our tracks, but we have enough incendiaries to make do. Your bluff was well played."

"Alright, I'll kick us off here, I guess. See you guys soon," Sen muttered, seeing the heroes turn back. He raised his hand, showing the detonator with a tilt of his head that belied amusement.

The sound of an engine roaring to life echoed over the radio.

"Oh, and Awase, if you run me over I'll fucking break your neck," he muttered.

"Oh, relax. I know how to drive a box truck. I do it for my uncle during the summer all the time!"

The sound of the truck roared, and he could hear the squealing of the tires.

Mineta Minoru shivered, seeing the explosion in the distance, hearing the swears and exclamations over the comms. It was frightening. He had joined the heroes because he overheard that Jirou and that smoking hot piece of ass Yaoyorozu would be joining, and by the time he realized overwise he was here. And then Bakugou, the fucker, had to put him on a team with only one girl. One!

And now he had to deal with this bullshit! Explosives!

He shivered, glancing back at the masked guy with the damn detonator! He was tempted to just run. Fuck the consequences!

The villain spoke. "Well, it's been real and it's been fun. But it hasn't been real fun. You get what I'm saying, heroes?"

Wait, what was going to–

"But you know how it goes. Your team finishes up a mission, you realize your bluff is boring, and you call a ride. My Uber should be here any–"

The last word was cut off. The sound of a truck engine roaring to life as it came swerving and drifting around the corner to the north. Minoru panicked, looking at the once white truck. The rear box was now a deep red–

"–moment."

–And painted with a massive black sigil. A black blade wreathed in black wings sweeping down from the handle, with a bright acid green V overlaid over the entire image.

A voice yelled, both over the communicator in his ear and from in front of him. It was Todoroki.

"THE DETONATOR IS FAKE. HE BLUFFED US, ATTACK NOW."

In a panic, Minoru reached up, beginning to frantically toss his sticky balls at the gas-masked figure while Todoroki reached back and readied a wave of ice. Sero and Bondo began to fire glue and tape at the figure too.