"rough day" |Donnie x male reader|

Y/n pov

I sighed while looking at the time, only 20 minutes till I could go to the lair. Donnie and I have been an item for about a week now and it's crazy to think that he wanted to be with a not too nerdy person like me, don't get me wrong I like pop culture, I'm just not a science nerdy.

-time skip :> -

I finally got to go to the lair. I placed my headphones on my head to listen to f/b (favorite band) . I smiled as I climbed down the ladder and walked on the more decorated path to the lair.

I was having a rough day today and I couldn't wait to just cuddle up with Donnie and chill.

I finally made it to the lair and walked to the lab where I heard all kinds of noises, drilling, hammering, crashing. You know the normal stuff. I walked in and was greeted by Shelldon. "Hello y/n! Donatello is working over there!" Shelldon told me. "Thanks Shelldon!" I smiled at him and patted his head.

Donnie glanced to the side and smiled, "Y/N!" He had his goggles on and he looked pretty funny so I held in my laugh. He hugged me tight, "Hi Donnie! Whatcha working on?" I asked him, gesturing to the table. "Oh just a new battle shell" Donnie smiled proudly telling me all about it, i just sat down pretending what he was talking about.

-time skip-

Its been like an hour sense he was talking about his new creation although i dont mind, its fun hearing him talk about it. I yawn though from the long day. For some reason i felt like i was about to cry so my smile faded and tears started falling down my face but i wasnt sobbing i just had tears streaming.

Donnie's pov

I was talking about science to my now boyfriend. He is very good at listening but I saw him frown and i didn't know why so I stopped talking so fast and then I saw him crying. I panicked a little bit not really knowing what to do.

y/n pov

I didn't know why I was crying. Donnie slowly walked over to me and then just hugged me. I never realized how much I needed the hug. I gripped onto him quietly crying.

"What happened today?.." Donnie asked with sorrow in his voice.

"People were being jerks.." i responded

He picked me up bridal style and placed me on his chair and knelt down to look at my tear stained face, his face full of sympathy.

"It's gonna be alright, i know that people can be jerks but i think you can beat them all in any video game" Donnie tried to reassure.

I smiled at him and we hugged.

I guess it was an okay day after all.