Coma White

They took a break from the tour in the middle of September because they had to launch their new album and with it film a music video for one of the songs.

The launch would take place in Los Angeles, so Brian was nice enough to let Molly stay with him for the time being.

"Welcome to my humbe abode," he said as they entered his apartment. Molly set down her luggage and walked around the huge flat. She noticed there were some intriguing paintings hanging on his walls. They seemed to be done by the same artist. "Who painted these?" She asked him after a while.

"I did." He asnwered. It took her by surprise. She knew that he liked painting but she had no idea he was this good at it. She stopped infront of a watercolour painting of a female creature. Its body was blood red and its face looked like a clown's. The hair was long and black and it had sharp teeth and its eyes were sunken. The artwork exuded fear and pain. She was mesmerized by it, to say the least.

"I see you found your portrait." He chuckled as he hugged her from behind, resting his chin atop her head.

"My portrait?" She was confused. When did he paint it?

"I made this right after the last tour." He explained.

"So, that's why I'm so scary and broken. How come you hung it on your wall?" She said while never breaking her eye contact with the demon clown's.

"Because I revelled in the pain. I've always had an unhealthy obsession with you. This way I had you here with me even if we weren't in any kind of contact." He told her matter-of-factly.

They stayed in that same position for a little while longer before he grabbed her hand and showed her the rest of his house.

He took her to his music room and told her to sit behind the drums. She took off her shoes and obliged. He gave her music sheets without any lyrics on them and she looked them over.

"What's this?" She asked him.

"This is a song I wrote around the same time I created the painting. Can you play it?" He asked her.

She nodded and grabbed the sticks. He grabbed one of the guitars and started playing it. She followed suit and soon he started singing.

"There's something cold and blank
behind her smile
She's standing on an overpass
In her miracle mile
'Cause you were from a perfect world
A world that threw me away today, today, today
to run away
A pill to make you numb
A pill to make you dumb
A pill to make you anybody else
But all the drugs in this world
Won't save her from herself
Her mouth was an empty cut
And she was waiting to fall
Just bleeding like a Polaroid
that lost all her dolls
You were from a perfect world
A world that threw me away today, today, today
to run away
A pill to make you numb
A pill to make you dumb
A pill to make you anybody else
But all the drugs in this world
Won't save her from herself
A pill to make you numb
A pill to make you dumb
A pill to make you anybody else
But all the drugs in this world
Won't save her from herself
You were from a perfect world
A world that threw me away today
A pill to make you numb
A pill to make you dumb
A pill to make you anybody else
But all the drugs in this world
Won't save her from herself
A pill to make you numb
A pill to make you dumb
A pill to make you anybody else
But all the drugs in this world
Won't save her from herself"

When the song finished she stared at him in silence.

"Sorry." He said.

"What for?"