Broken Needle

They only had to record one more song and then they'd be forced to spend even more time together. The joy.

At least Sophie probably wouldn't be joining them. Ever since he brought her to that second recording session, she was invited to join every time. And she came. Every. Single. Time. There wasn't anything wrong with her as a person. Molly just felt uncomfortable by the way Brian communicated with the girl. Even when they were friendly all those months that felt like an eternity ago, he never spoke to her that way. He was so nice to Sophie. So caring.

Sophie seemed like a genuinely nice girl. Hanging with Marilyn, with them, the band, would surely ruin her. She doubted that Brian could keep up this nice facade. The difference between herself and the blonde was that she'd seen Brian's true face and still she stayed at the time. She guessed that not showing Sophie his true colours meant that she couldn't hurt him in return. Keeping her at a distance meant that the connection (if there even was one) wasn't real. She could understand that.

No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't stop her feelings for him. There was no way to end them. The only possible escape she saw, was to end herself, too. The heroin helped numb her. But she couldn't kid herself. She was nowhere near being over him. And seeing him being nice, even if his kindness was directed toward someone else, it reminded her of how much she was in fact unable to resent him. Deep inside she felt that all the punishment he directed toward her was well deserved.

All in all she really feared what would happen during the tour. Honestly, she was afraid that if he gave them another chance she'd take it without a second thought.

Another thing that bothered our heroine were Daisy's feelings for her. She might have been high non stop for the past God knows how many weeks but she'd have to be literally blind not to see they were there. She loved him. As a friend. She tried thinking about him in the way he surely wanted her to, but she felt nothing. She was just happy that he never mentioned his feelings. It would tear them apart as friends.

How could she muster any feelings for anyone other than Brian, when her emotions were scarce as it were and when nobody knew her as well as he did. Hell, Daisy was supposed to be her closest friend and yet he had no clue about her ongoing addiction.

All these reasons mixed with her uncertainty whether she'd be allowed to have a room to herself, were to be blamed for her growing anxiety. It got worse with each passing day. On the bright side, they were closer to the tour with every day and all of her questions would be answered soon.
.
The last day was finally here. They all met up for a cigarette before the session began, as was the norm by now. They were all there except for one.

"No Sophie today?" Twiggy asked the question that was on everyone's mind. "She had other plans." Marilyn answered. Molly dared a glance at him when he said that. He met her eyes with a defiant glare. Somehow she couldn't force herself to look away this time. When was the last time she looked into his eyes without feeling anger? She'd finally come to terms with her part of the blame in this matter. His eyes were still the most beautiful pools of brown. His gaze softened after a while. It was replaced by a tinge of surprise.

Their intense staring contest was interrupted by Pogo's: "Shall we?" Marilyn blinked a couple of times and then cleared his throat. "Yeah. Let's go. We saved the best one for last. We're doing Broken Needle."
.
"So close your eyes
It's only a dream
When you wake up
Rinse off all this pain
And your makeup
Stare into the mirror
Apples are always something to fear
Are you alright?
'Cause I'm not okay
All of these lies
Are not worth fighting for
Are you alright?
'Cause I'm not okay
All of these lies
Are not worth fighting for
I am a needle
Dig in your grooves
Scratch you up
Then I'll put you away
I am a needle
Dig in your grooves
Scratch you up
Then I'll put you away
It won't be death
But a deep sleep
A curse of a hundred years
The princess will fall (the princess will fall)
Into a slumber for a century
Are you alright?
'Cause I'm not okay
All of these lies
Are not worth fighting for
Are you alright?
'Cause I'm not okay
All of these lies
Are not worth fighting for
(Not worth fighting for)
(Fighting for)
(Fighting for)
I am a needle
Dig in your grooves
Scratch you up
Then I'll put you away
I am a needle
Dig in your grooves
Scratch you up
Then I'll put you away
I'll never ever play you again
Then I'll put you away
I'll never ever play you again
Then I'll put you away
I'll never ever play you again
Then I'll put you away
I'll never ever play you again
Then I'll put you away
I'll never ever play you again
Then I'll put you away
I'll never ever play you again
Then I'll put you away
I'll never ever play you again"