footsteps

sleeze pov

we were at the hospital cause moe got in a bad ass wreck.

no update for hours.

and this bitch had the nerve to come up here like she cared about moe.

if you cared she wouldn't have even been crying that night.

she wouldn't have been so fucked up like she was that night and idgaf i know she did something.

bitch ain't deserve her at all. but now i was asking myself if it was worth it not having the love of my life because of somebody that ain't appreciate her.

i wanted to beat her ass. wanted to slaughter this hoe.

"family for mariah jackson" the nurse yelled.

that would be us. moe hated her government name because of how her parents treated her with it.

we never called her that shit.

me and key got up while the bitch was following us.

i saw moe mad as fuck when we walked in crying tryna rip all the shit they had on her off.

"moe moe moe stop" i grabbed her hand and surprisingly she let me stop her.

she started sobbing and key made whatever her name was leave.

she couldn't see her like this.

vulnerable.

"i promise i ain't gon let this ever happen again. you ain't deserve none of that shit" i said wrapping my arm around her.

she cried herself to sleep.

they had her on every drug known to man and her stitches on her legs would change her and i seen big ass bruises on her back.

we already were suing the bitch that hit moe i could guarantee that shit.

moe loved the shit out that car. i remember when she first got it she was so happy.

she talked about that car for months until she got her check.

so that itself i knew was getting to her and whatever happened that night, then not even her parents were here.

felt for my shawty real bad.

then the bitch came back with some pussy ass flowers.

moe must've threw that shit in her fucking face followed by a "get the fuck out and go home to that bitch".

the nurse came in with her thirsty ass following the bitch outta there.

bitches was goofies.

moe pov

i felt so bad that i started writing about my life again in my notes because i couldn't even talk.

i was in shock so fucking bad. and the fact she'd come here after all the shit that happened that night.. that bitch had some nerve.

the way i was hit i was supposed to die.

so why didn't i die? that would be better than living this confused ass bullshit ass life.

i was numb and i felt the depression kick in as soon as the drugs hit me.

that rush of sadness. i ain't felt it in a minute since my parents.

the fact i damn near died and they wouldn't even be here now.

flashback

"hi. mariah jackson right? i'm so sorry this happened to you we're gonna do our best to make sure that you live through this, we called your parents and they didn't respond or come this way. we got in contact with your sister and your wife....?" she questioned.

i just knew sleeze gay ass said it.

i watched key and sleeze come in looking at me but they never judged me.

their eyes when they looked at me weren't possibly as bad as my parents..

i watched my parents come in next throwing sleeze and key out like they meant nothing.

"you wanted some attention so bad, you did this to yourself" my mom said looking at me like my presence disgusted her.

"instead of tryna be quote on quote suicidal how about you start doing some shit at the house" my dad looked at me and sneered.

"dirty ass room" he said looking at me.

"you can't even do the little shit we ask for and you're failing all your classes" my mom said..

little did y'all know that should've been y'all first red flag. i used to like school. used to be a straight a student cause i wanted y'all to be proud of me so fucking bad.

now idgaf that's a problem for you motherfuckers?

...

flashback over.

i was pulled into reality by sleeze grabbing my hand while she changed the channel to steve harvey.

all i heard was "is that on the board?" while i started drifting off.

ain't slept in days and the accident was a week ago.

but this wasn't sleep.

i watched my life replay on episode 1 from what i remembered..

i was happy as a kid until my parents started arguing. it got so bad to the point they stopped paying attention to me.

they split up and got back together so many times i couldn't remember.

nor did i care.

life was so fucking hard and for what? because they wanted me to be what they wanted me to be and i wasn't finna do that shit.

i was me...

i remember asking key to take care of my siblings because she knew i loved them.

they were all i had left in this world besides key and sleeze.

i was stuck somewhere i just didn't know where but i knew i wasn't sleep.

the place felt so familiar but so strange.

then i saw what i knew was my spirit guides and team.

"you prolly wondering why you ain't die yesterday?" one asked in full blown sarcasm.

"that's because we have a purpose for your life" another said smiling.

bipolar fucks.

"we know what you wanna do you just never wanna get out your comfort zone to do it. this was the best time to tell you that the world does revolve around you. what you're gonna do is gonna be so big and so special that everything you ever thought will never matter" another began to explain.

the biggest of them all. huge wings. absolutely gorgeous in their own artist way.

"life has been really hard for you and that made you strong". the sarcastic motherfucker said.

"by the way that's your wife. so whatever you do don't hurt her. she's been hurt and so have you. y'all met for a reason" idk why this one was always smiling so much.

"you probably will remember this when you fall back asleep one day but until then just know we're here for you and this accident was for a reason" the big one said.

"you're the star, that's your lover now it's time to become the empress" they said in unison as i began to wake up.

and that's all i could remember.

"i'm the star, she's my lover and it's time to become the empress" i groaned stretching.

sleeze looked at me beyond confused while we cuddled watching bet.