Part 5

The next morning Betty had woken up to see Jughead sleeping next to her. She smiled and was about to kiss him, but she stopped herself before she did.

Even though he was asleep she didn't want to make him uncomfortable so she just got up and went downstairs to make breakfast. She had texted with her mom to see when she would bring Amelia home, the little girl wanted to go home so they were already on their way about to arrive.

Now Betty was beginning to get nervous. Jughead was upstairs, still sleeping, and their daughter was on her way home. She still didn't know about what had happened to her father and Betty really didn't know how she would tell her. But she had too. Then she heard a knock on the door.

Amelia- Mommy!

Betty- Hi baby!

Amelia jumped into her arms and hugged her tightly while Alice kissed her cheek.

Betty- Did you already eat my love?

Amelia- Mhm! Grandma made me french toast!

Betty- Yummy! Can you go to the living room for a minute so I can say goodbye to grandma?

Amelia nodded and hugged Alice before running into the living room, then Betty and Alice got to talk for a minute.

Alice- How's Jughead?

Betty- He's okay, he knows everything but he doesn't remember it. (tears)

Alice- I'm sorry sweetie, I know this is probably really hard right now.

Betty- (nods) It'll get better, I just don't know how to tell Amelia. (tears)

Alice- You just have to. She's the sweetest kid, she'll do whatever she can to make things okay.

Betty- I know she will.

Alice- Alright, I'll let you talk to her and if you need anything just call me.

Betty nodded and hugged her mother tightly before she walked out. Then she walked to her daughter who was playing with her doll on the couch.

Betty- Alright baby girl, we need to talk.

Amelia- Okay!

Betty sat next to her and instantly Amelia jumped into her lap.

Amelia- Is daddy home?

Betty- Yes, but that's what I need to talk to you about.

Amelia- I wanna see him!

Betty- You will when he wakes up...but, he's going to be acting a little different than he normally does.

Amelia- Why?

Betty- He um...he lost his memory so he doesn't remember us right now. (tears)

Amelia- What do you mean?

Betty- So, daddy was in an accident and he hit his head. And you know how your brain is in your head?

Amelia- (nods) Yeah.

Betty- Well that's where all your memories are, so when he hit his head some of his memories got knocked out.

Amelia- Can't we just go look for them?

Betty- I wish it was that easy my love, but it's not. We're not sure if daddy will ever remember but he is trying really hard.

Amelia- So he doesn't know me?

Betty- He knows a little bit because I told him but he doesn't know much.

Amelia nodded sadly, being a little nervous to see her father, but then they heard him come down the stairs. Amelia held onto her mother tightly and let her pick her up before bringing her over to him but he could tell she was scared.