Part 19

Jughead- I was trying to make this the perfect proposal but I don't think I've done the best job (chuckles). Anyways...Betty, I have loved you since we were sophomores in high school, and I want nothing more than to make you my wife and love you for the rest of my life. So...what do you say, will you marry me?

Betty- Y-Yes (tears)

Jughead was about to put the ring on her finger but before he could, Betty stopped him.

Betty- I don't think I can put the ring on right now because my fingers are puffy from being pregnant, but as soon as this baby is out of me I am putting that ring on. (cries)

Jughead- Okay, okay, good. I can't wait for that day. (softly)

Betty and Jughead both stood up before Betty wrapped her arms around her fiancés neck.

Betty- I love you so much, Juggie.

Jughead- I love you so much, Betts.

~End of Flashback~

Betty- J-Jug, what are you doing?

Jughead- I made you your favorite: french onion soup and sautéed mushrooms. Now, come sit down and take a little break.

She smiled and sat down at the table. Jughead served her meal before taking their son from her arms and placing him down in his rocker that was sitting next to the table...then the two of them ate and talked, not worrying about anything for the first time since before Jughead's accident.

But as soon as they were done eating, they both got quiet. Jughead sighed and stood up, walking over to his wife so he was standing right in front of her. Then he got down on one knee and pulled a small velvet box out of his pocket.

Betty- Jug, we're already married, remember? You can't propose again. (softly)

Jughead- (chuckles) I know. This isn't a ring.

He opened the box revealing a heart necklace with a J engraved on it.

Betty- Jug-

Jughead- This is an apology and a promise. I'm sorry for being an asshole to you when I lost my memory. I was a dick to you, and I was hurting you...I shouldn't have done what I did, especially since you were pregnant. And I promise to love you and take care of you for the rest of our lives. I know recently I haven't been living up to that-

Betty- Juggie, it wasn't your fault, you couldn't remember-

Jughead- Betts, it was my fault. Even if I didn't remember you, you gave me so many reasons to stay and to try to remember...and I still continued to push you away.

Betty- It's okay.

Jughead- It's not okay, because I hurt you too many times. I pushed you into having sex with me, which you clearly didn't want, or I pushed you away. So I was saying, this is an apology and I promise that I will never be like that again, and if I ever make you feel that way I want you to slap the shit out of me, okay?

Betty- (giggles) Okay.

Jughead smiled and kissed Betty softly before moving her hair to the side and clipping the necklace around her neck.

Betty- It's beautiful, Jug, thank you.

Jughead- No, thank you, for not leaving me after everything I have put you through. I love you so much, Betty, and I have no idea what I'd do without you.

Jughead was still on his knee in front of her so she got off the chair and got on her knees to be at his level. Then she wrapped her arms around his neck as tightly as she could.

Betty- I love you so much. (tears)

Jughead- I love you more. (smiles)

Jughead wrapped his arms around Betty's waist, pulling her as close to him as he could before kissing her neck softly. Betty began to moan quietly, making Jughead laugh, but then Oliver began to cry.

Jughead- Wow, he's such a mood killer.

Betty- Oh shush. (giggles)

Betty kissed Jughead's cheek before standing up and walking over to her son's rocker. She picked him up which made him instantly stop crying. Then Jughead walked over to the two of them and wrapped his arms around his wife's waist, pulling her back against him.

Betty looked up at him with a slight blush on her cheeks...

That's when Betty looked up from the book.

Betty- Wait, that's not what happened?

Jughead- Are you at the end?

Betty- Almost...why'd you change our story?

Jughead- Well, think about what we actually went through. The divorce, and then getting back together a few years later, I didn't want to get into that. And I mean, all of what I wrote did happen, I just skipped some parts in the middle. The point is that we're happy now with our kids.

Betty- You're right.

Jughead- Like always. (chuckles)

Betty- Hey! Watch it! Maybe I'll have to divorce you again to teach you another lesson. (giggles)

Jughead- No! Please never divorce me again! Those were the worst years of my life.

Betty- Mine too.

Betty placed the book down before straddling her husband's lap.

Jughead- Aren't you going to finish reading my book?

Betty- No, it's our story, I know how it ends.

Then she slammed her lips onto his while he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

Betty- You write it beautifully by the way. (softly)

Jughead- Thank you.

Betty- Now, since the kids are out, let's act out chapter 28.

Jughead- Oh, yes please!

Jughead laid back against the bed, pulling his wife with him.

And with that short amount of private time that they had together, the two of them kissed a lot, they breathed a lot, and they loved a lot.

Betty- (heavily breathing) I love you, Juggie.

Jughead- I love you, Betty. Thank you for coming back to me and giving me more chances than I ever deserved.

~Epilogue~

The loss of Jughead's memory put a strain on everything: his relationship with his daughter, his relationship with his wife, and even his relationship with himself.

But even after all of the hardships that the family was forced to go through, they all made their way back to each other...and in the end, they were stronger than ever.