Part 6

Betty- Fuck...where's Amelia?!

She jumped up from the couch and ran up to her daughter's room, but she wasn't in there. She was freaking out, not knowing where her daughter was, but then she heard the TV playing from hers and Jughead's bedroom, so she walked in to see the two of them asleep while holding each other.

Betty- (sighs) Thank god.

Betty walked over to the bed and turned off the TV before going back downstairs to start making dinner. But soon Jughead woke up and stood at the kitchen island, startling Betty slightly.

Jughead- Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.

Betty- (giggles) It's okay, is Amelia still sleeping?

Jughead- Yeah.

Betty- (sighs) Well, she is not going to sleep tonight.

Jughead- Do you want me to wake her?

Betty- No, it's okay, she'll be really cranky if you wake her up before she's ready. She got that from you. (laughs)

Jughead- (chuckles) Are you making dinner?

Betty- Yeah, I'm making chicken piccata, it's your favorite home cooked meal of mine.

Jughead- Sounds and smells delicious, do you need any help?

Betty- Um, if you want, can you set the table for me?

Jughead- Yeah, sure.

Jughead walked around the kitchen for a moment but then turned to Betty.

Jughead- Where is everything?

Betty- T-The drawer next to the sink. (tears)

Jughead- I'm sorry, I tried to remember.

Betty- I-It's okay, it's not your fault. (tears)

Jughead sighed as he grabbed everything to set the table. He got everything set up after a minute before walking back over to Betty.

Jughead- Is there anything else I can do?

Betty- I don't think so, it's almost done anyways.

He nodded and waited for a few minutes while she finished cooking, then he helped her plate all of the food.

Betty- Do you want to come with me to get Amelia?

Jughead- No it's okay, I'll finish plating everything.

Betty- Okay.

Betty walked up to hers and Jughead's bedroom to see Amelia still fast asleep. She sat next to her daughter in the bed, running her fingers through her hair before pulling her into her arms and rocking her slowly to wake her up.

Betty- Baby, it's time for dinner.

Amelia- (groans) Where's daddy?

Betty- He's downstairs honey.

Amelia nodded and curled her head into the crook of her mothers neck, not wanting to move. After a moment Betty walked downstairs with her, but she still didn't move, not even as they sat at the table.

Betty- Do you want to eat, sweetie?

Amelia- No. (softly)

Betty- (sighs) Sweetheart, you have to eat something.

Amelia- I don't want it, mommy. (softly)

Betty- (sighs) Okay, fine.

Jughead looked at Betty with a sympathetic smile before the two of them began to eat. The two of them talked the whole time while Amelia rested in her mothers arms, but she struggled to eat since she was also trying to hold her child. So as soon as Jughead finished his food, he looked at the two of them.