Chapter 3- The dissaperance of Will Byers[3-3]

Well, now it was official. The Byers boy was deffently missing. It was so strange to Amelia since Hawkins was always relatively safe. I mean it's been voted the safest town in Indiana for 10 years in a row.

Now Amelia was on the back of Dustin's bike heading to his house as they had planned to spend the afternoon with one another.

"It's so weird without him." Amelia finally said breaking the silence.

"Yeah, but I'm sure he'll be okay. Will is a really smart kid." Dustin reassured her.

"I hope so," Amelia said as she clung tighter to Dustin and laid her head against his back.

----------

It was about a half hour later and the two were sitting on the bed in Dustin's bedroom. They were currently working on math homework and eating potato chips.

"Oh Jeez Mels. You've got crumbs all over the bed." Dustin says looking down at his colorful comforter, pulling his attention away from his work.

"You did to Dust. There are crumbs on your shirt too." Amelia replies defending herself. This causes Dustin to sweep away the crumbs from his shirt.

"Are you staying the night or is Steve picking you up later tonight?" Dustin asks her.

"I'm probably gonna go back home tonight. Y'know? I'm sure by now Steve knows about Will going missing." Amelia says while the two finish their last problem from their textbooks.

"Yeah, that makes sense," Dustin replies.

After finishing their homework Amelia packs up her stuff and goes out to the living room. Sat in the living room is Claudia, Dustin's mother, and their family cat mews.

"Heading home dear?" Claudia asks Amelia as she picks up the phone.

"Sadly, yes. Steve's most likely heard about Will and is going to freak if I don't call him soon." Amelia responds.

"Hopfuly hes okay. He's such a good kid." Miss Henderson says.

"I hope so," Amelia replies as Dustin walks out of his bedroom.

"Do you want me to wait outside with you?" Dusti asks as he grabs his shoes from the shelf by the door.

"Sure, Dust." Amelia replies after hanging up on Steve, who is currently on his way there.

-----

"Bye Mels!" Dustin shouts while Amelia walks towards the car that just pulled up.

"Bye Dust! See you tomorrow!" Amelia replies before climbing into the car with her older brother.

"Hey, Stevo." Amelia greets her older brother after climbing into the car.

"Hi." Steve simply replies.

After Amelia buckled up her belt the car took off in the direction of the Harringtons household.

--------

It was now much later in the day about 8:30 pm. Amelia was now getting ready for bed brushing out her hair and already in her pj's.

"Mel. It's Lucas do you copy? Over." Lucas spoke through her walkie. Amelia walked over to the communication device and picked it up

"I repea-" Lucas starts once again before Amelia interrupts him." Yes, I copy. Over."

"Good okay so I need you to meet us over by Mike's house. Also, get Dustin too." Lucas tells her before shutting off his walkie so he doesn't have to hear her protest

"Damn it," Amelia whispers under her breath.
--------------------

At this point, the group of 4 were now approaching their destination which was the forest over by Mirkwood. To make matters worse it was scheduled to start storming soon.

"This is it," Lucas says as they get closer to the forest.

"Do you guys feel that?" Amelia asks as she puts her hand out to catch a raindrop.

"I think we should go back," Dustin says as he looks up also feeling the rain.

"No. We're not going back. Just stay close." Mike disagrees

See if it were to be a normal night in Hawkins going back would be a reasonable thing to do. However, it's not a normal night and these kids are determined to find William Byers so going back isn't a choice in the matter.

"Stay on channel six. Don't do anything stupid." Mike says as he heads into the forest.

Amelia and Dustin stay back for a couple of seconds contemplating on actually following the other two kids into basically what one would call a suicide mission. Even though they eventually scurry along after their friends.

"Guys! Wait for us!" Amelia shouts at them as she hurriedly approached the outskirts of the forest.

"Guys wait up!" Dustin shouted along with her.

Now the group was about halfway into the forest surrounded by trees and their only source of light being their flashlights. Amelia walked alongside Dustin having small conversations here and there or shouting for Will.

"Will! Where are you!" Amelia shouted for what seemed like the 100th time that night.

"Byers! Are you out here?" Lucas shouted put into the open.

"I've got your X-men 134!" Dustin shouted trying to bribe him.

At this point, it was raining pretty hard. Like if there was a hole in the ground it could be considered a swimming pool kind of hard. They would also hear thunder here and there as well.

"I think we should turn back guys," Dustin said wiping more rain off of his face.

"Seriously, Dustin? If you wanna be a baby then go home already!" Lucas called back at him.

"Honestly Dust's right Lucas it's raining really hard we might get sick." Amelia argued trying to defend Dustin."

"Seriously, Amelia? Not you too." Lucas replied Rolling his eyes

"Did you ever think Will went missing because he ran into something bad?" Dustin questioned.

"And we're going to the exact same spot where he was last seen? We also have no weapons or anything?" He continued.

"Dustin, shut up," Mike spoke as he heard something in the woods

"I'm just saying does that seem smart to you?" Dustin spoke again defending himself.

"No seriously shut up," Amelia spoke as she had heard it this time.

"What?" Lucas asks.

"Do you guys hear that?" Mike asks as he hears the sound again. This time though the sound was followed by some sort of screeching.

After looking they had found the source of the sound. It was a girl? Amelia couldn't be so sure as it was dark and the person was bald. It was still weird though they didn't even have on shoes.

Anyways tonight just got a lot weirder for these kids.

------------------------------------------------------
Well, that's a rap on the first episode! This chapter it a bit shorter then some of the others and I apologize for that I just didn't know what else to add to this one. I do hope you guys enjoyed it though! Once again sorry it took so long to get the chapter out I just haven't really been feeling it y'know?

Wrd count- 1116