Chapter 5- The Weirdo on Maple St[2-3]

The next morning Amelia woke up
to the sound of wait... is that radio static. Yep.

"AMELIA GRACE HAR-" Dustin began to shout again but was soon cut off.

"Jeez, Dust. Why are you screaming into the walkie." Amelia Replied her eyes still shut.

"GET UP AND OPEN YOUR EYES MEL, IM OUTSIDE AND IVE BEEN WAITING FOR 15 MINUTES!" Dustin once again shouted at her.

See the thing was that after leaving the Wheelers Dustin offered to ride alongside Amelia until they got to his road. Which they normally did anyways but hey. They had planned meeting up at the Harringtons befor school just to go over some stuff. Which clearly wasn't working in Amelia's favor now.

This caused Amelia to shoot up out of her bed peering over at her alarm clock. Which read "7:56".

"Okay I'm up now. I'll be out in about 10 minutes!"

-----------
At this time the two had meet up with Lucas at the bike rack near the school. Thanks to Dustin's timing they weren't late.

----------

While looking about the halls Amelia wasn't able to find Mike anywhere. Not near his locker, the bathroom, or even the A.V room doors.

---------
It was now time for 2nd period and the group had all taken their seats. However to the groups suprise Mike was absent from class.

"Oh this is weird. He's never this late." Dustin says staring at the empty seat across from Lucas.

" I'm telling you guys, his stupid plan failed." Lucas said.

"Wait I thought you liked the plan." Amelia said referring to the agreement they came to lastnight.

"Yeah, but obviously it was stupid, or he'd be here right now."

"If his mom found out a girl spent the night-" Dustin started while his mind pondered off.

"He'd be in deep shit right about now." Lucas says finishing Dustin's statement.

"Guys, what if she slept naked?" Dustin questioned.

"I'm sure she didn't." Amelia said.

"Oh, if Mrs. Wheeler tells my parents..."

"Why would she tell our parent? There's is a zero percent chance Mike would rat us out for his idea." Amelia says once again trying to reassure.

"I don't know man."

"All that matters is, after school that freak will be back in the loony bin, and we can focus on what really matters, finding Will." Lucas says.

Dustin and Amelia both sigh before flipping to the correct page in their text books.

-----------

It was now after school and Steve and Amelia were driving home.

"Hey Steve. Could I please go to the Wheelers tonight? We need to finish our campaign from the ither night." Amelia said as they rounded a corner.

"I don't see why not. Please just be careful Mels. Okay? I don't want you getting taken like that Byers kid." Steve told her.

"I'll be as careful as I can be. Besides I'm meeting up with Dustin half way." Amelia told him.

The rest of the ride was filled with talk of what the two siblings had done that day at school. Which also consisted of Amelia being told about the party that would be held
at then house later that night aswell.
---------------

"Bye, Steve!" Amelia shouted as she pulled on her shoes.

"Wait a minute! Do you have ur bag? Also did you do your homework?" He asked as he came walking down the stairs.

"Yep, me and  Dustin did it together over the walkie." She reassured him while slipping on her extra backpack.

"Alright then. Please remeber to be careful."

"I will!" Amelia said as she slipped out the front door and onto her bike.
------------------------------------------------------
Hi! Sorry about the short chapter this time. I just don't really know what else to add on to this chapter. Anyways yeah!  We're getting to some of the more interesting things aswell! If you have anything you think I should add please let me know!

Wrd count- 648