| Prologue |

Evil and Good...Darkness and Light... Hell and Heaven... Devils and Angels.
Speaking of the latter, once there were only Angels.
Angels lived in Heaven and were divided into hierarchies:

First hierarchy: Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones;

Second hierarchy: Dominations, Virtues, Powers;

Third hierarchy: Principalities, Archangels, Angels.

But there was another category, an experiment, one could say, wanted by God himself.
Androgynous... creatures created to test the power and importance of love.
The latter were creatures created in pairs. Couple of angels who couldn't live apart from their soulmate. They weren't connected physically, but they were emotionally and they were linked by a red thread of destiny.
Their united power was extraordinary and they shared the same feelings as humans, they felt anger, fear, happiness, sadness, affection, but above all Love.
The first androgynous experiment was carried out on a couple of girls: Nicha and Miyeon.
The two girls loved each other and their love story was famous and was an example for all creatures in heaven.
After them other couples were created, such as Soyeon and Yuqi, or Soojin and Shuhua and many others.
These six girls were known throughout heaven for the strong friendship that bound the three couples.
But we all know that good things are sometimes taken away, sometimes even by force.
This is exactly what had happened in heaven and, above all, with androgynous couples.
As mentioned at the beginning, in addition to Heaven, there is also Hell.
A cold and dark place, where the worst creatures and all the damned souls of sinners lived. Among these evil creatures were Golems, demonic and monstrous creatures with red eyes and metallic wings and body.
The latter were rancorous and resentful creatures towards the creatures of Heaven and towards their freedom.
God ruled over Heaven and Hell, he was the one who decided where to place the souls and so he had enclosed the golems in Hell.
In the mists of time, the Golems decided to attack Heaven, especially striking and separating the Androgynous.
Miyeon and Minnie were together that night, as were the other four girls.
The brunette was running away from a Golem when another caught her.

"MIN HELP!" cried Miyeon, as tears streamed down her cheeks as she struggled to free herself from the demonic creature's strong grip.

"YEON!" shouted Minnie, flying up to the girl.

Minnie approached them and managed to free Miyeon, but a Golem attacked her from behind, while she was in flight, causing a large oblique wound on her back, which ripped off her wings.

"Ugh!" Nicha exclaimed in pain.

"MIN!" Miyeon cried in concern, flying to her.

Nicha hugged Miyeon and fell precipitously, clutching the girl to her.
Minnie fell to the ground, Miyeon was still in her arms, safe and sound, but unconscious.
Nicha smiled to see that the brunette was fine, but soon a cold blade grazed her neck.

"The choice is yours, we take you away... or her." asked a Golem, his voice low and metallic.

"I-I'll go with you, b-but... you have to promise me not to hurt her." pleaded Minnie, her blood still running down her back and her breathing was short and heavy.

"You made the best choice." concluded the Golem.

Nicha laid Miyeon down on the floor and gave her one last kiss on her lips.

"I will always love you Yeon...remember me." Nicha whispered, tears streaming down her face.

The Golem hit her on the back of the neck and the girl was knocked unconscious, only to be captured by the bad creature.
That night all Androgynous were separated and Soyeon and Soojin were also taken away from their loved ones.
Upon her awakening Miyeon woke up in a bed that wasn't hers, standing next to her were Shuhua and Yuqi.

"Unnie, are you awake? Can you hear me?" Shuhua asked, worried.

"Y-Yeah, but w-what happened? And where am I?" the brunette asked.

"Unnie, we are at the Palace, God has hosted all the angels here after what happened." Yuqi explained and Miyeon nodded.

"Where's Minnie?" Miyeon asked.

Yuqi and Shuhua exchanged a look and remained silent.

"Yuqi, Shuhua, I asked you a question." Miyeon said, looking at the two girls.

"Unnie... Last night Minnie and all the Androgynous were captured by the Golems. All Androgynous couples have been separated. M-My Jinjin was captured too." Shuhua explained, bursting into tears.

"A-And S-Soyeon too..." Yuqi whispered, hugging the younger.

"N-No... it can't be true." Miyeon said, bringing her hands to her mouth.

A brief memory, not very clear, made its way into Miyeon's mind.

"I will always love you Yeon...remember me."

They were the last words whispered by Nicha. Miyeon was semi-conscious at the time, so the sentence stuck in her mind.

From that day Miyeon never forgot her Nicha and she never stopped waiting for her return. Most importantly, she never stopped loving her.
She spent her days in their home overlooking the sea. The nights spent in their bed and the afternoons spent watching the sunset, like every afternoon, except that Minnie was no longer by her side and her arms weren't wrapped around Miyeon's frail body.

To Be Continued...