Chapter fifty two

Khair's POV

I yawned as I woke up from the terrifying unintentional sleep I fall in. I felt my legs and hand tied. I sighed as I heard my stomach rumbles in hunger.

"Khair!" Someone called in a whispering tone. I froze and perk up my ears to be sure I haven't started hearing voices. The voice prove me wrong. I heard it saying "Khair, it's me uncle Haroon."

That's impossible. There's no way uncle Haroon can enter this house. How the hell will he even know I was here, in this house, in this room.

I kept quiet and resume the supplications I have been into since when Smith brought me here.

From nowhere,I saw uncle Haroon standing at my front. I was so scared that I almost peed

"Uncle Haroon is it really you?" I asked unsure.

"No,it's you." Yeah,he was the one. His sarcastic self. It felt good to know you aren't going to die lonely after you've lost all hopes.

"I hope you're okay?" He asked and that's when I remembered my situation.

A sob escaped my lips as I tried to keep it down.

"What are you still doing there. Come and hug me joor." I joked while crying. Uncle Haroon scratched the back of his head and squatted down to my level. He gave me the most relieving hug and tapped my back in comfort. I stopped crying and silence took over for twenty seconds.

"How did you get in here?" I asked the question I have been wanting to ask him since I heard his voice.

"Well,its a long story." He sighed while I urged him to tell me and he did. As much as the situation was funny,I couldn't laugh.

"Now,I have sent message to Ahmad. He should do whatever he has to do to bring us out of this problem." Uncle Haroon finished.

Hearing Ahmad's name made my heart twisted in an uncomfortable way.

What was he doing? Probably going to and fro from my house to the school,Steph's house and everywhere he knows I use to be.

And Maya?!

The girl might be going crazy now despite me being missing for just some hours.

I sighed and opened my mouth to say something when we heard shuffling outside the pretty large room we were in.

I roamed my eyes around the room and landed on several boxes behind me.

"Uncle Haroon,quickly hide in there. Quick" I whispered to him and he gave me a 'duh' look as he casually walked there like he owned it.

After two agonizing minutes,the door opened revealing smith carrying a porcelain tray.

"You're awake." He cooed and dropped the tray in my front.

"I brought food for you. I know you must be hungry." He smiled and loosed my tied wrists.

"Eat." He ordered and I just eyed him with the food. I was honestly hungry but I won't allow myself to look as if I was depending on him.

"What's that?" I threw the question at him without a single emotion on my face.

"Gammon steaks."

I know steak but which one is gammon again? I thought about it for few seconds before the answer finally popped into my head.

Gammon is a meat from the back leg of a pig. Nop,not gonna eat that.

"What are you thinking about?just eat" Smith said.

"I won't eat it." I declared.

"Oh well guess what? It is a must. You must eat it. I cannot waste my money for you. My partner in crime said you will like steak so I brought a freaking expensive gammon steak specially for you just for you to reject it? No. You are eating it NOW!" Smith said harshly and banged his leg on the floor showing how damn serious he was.