Chapter 8 - Reappearance of the 'Apple' Twins

So it's been like what since the 'Dreamtale Incident'? Like 5 centuries? I guessing around that time. So an occurrence is happening, un-beware to the duo that is the protector and destroyer of these worlds, I'm calling them 'MisWork duo' due to me being lazy.

Now, over the last century cracks have been appearing on the 'statue' that is Dream, the positive twin of the tree of emotions. And on this day, 500 years after the incident. Dream is finally freed.

Now what has Nightmare been doing during this 500 years you ask? He basically gone off the radar, calm right the [FUNK] down and been quietly collecting a group of skeletons to do his deeds. Even if he treats them as if he was their guardian due to them acting like children.
And where is he located? We have no [FUNK]-ing clue, we just know he took over some [BEACH]'s house that was abandoned and large. We don't have any clue which AU this is in, just that it is probably labeled as an lost AU. Anyhow moving on to the 'children' of his. (Narrator lost their cool huh? Yea yea whatever continue)

Killer, from a Original genocide timeline, the first to join Nightmare's side. A sans made a deal with a maniacal version of Chara to do genocide runs, later on killing their partner and continuing to a new loop. Nightmare gave Killer the chance to escape the loop he condemned himself within.
Having issues with his mental mind, having so called 'stages', one being the 'sane' one, more friendly, less likely to attack anyone, just overall chiller. The other, returning to the maniac of their past self, attacking anyone in his sights. When dealing with this Killer, Nightmare resulted in locking them is a room with nothing but a bed and a table, and some food of course.

Murder, from DustTale, a twisted version of the Original's genocide timelines. Most likely the least sane from the group, but has gained some semblance of sanity in the care of the Dark Twin. Murder used to just gain LOVE, try to kill the Human, fail? Repeat the process. Succeed? Also repeat because the Human in his AU is, to put it lightly, an [A]hole. Nightmare offered Murder he'll break him out the loop, in trade that Murder joins Nightmare's side. You can guess what Murder answer was.
The first meeting between Killer & Murder was, to say not pleasant... They tried to stab each other on first sight. But after a while, with Murder regaining some sanity, both him and Killer formed a rivalry-like bond, always trying to one-up each other.

Horror... or was it Axe? Anyways I'm gonna call em Horror, he came from HorrorTale, the starving AU that is the leftovers of a Neutral Run. Having his eye extracted and basically 50% of his skull damaged, with the fact that the entire underground is in a famine, he ain't gonna be fully healed, well anytime soon. Nightmare didn't really had to put much effort to recruit Horror, just offered food and he'll probably join.
Any who, Horror is the 'pacifist' of the group while also being the last joined and therefore titled 'The youngest' despite somehow being the tallest. He's more of the house keeper than actual on-field mission doer... Idk what its officially called. Surprisingly he knows how to cook and bake well, despite not having access to food for like 7 years, how? most have no clue.

Alright that's all that Nightmare has been doing til this date. So let's head back to what happening with Dream shall we?

_______

A skeleton dressed in teal and gold finally escaped from a stone prison, unbeknownst to them it was an outsider's doing that helped him. Lanny, the Guardian of Magic, started helping Dream escape, the only reason why it had a 100 years process was because Lanny didn't want to cause an uproar within the fragile multiverse.

Lanny was persuade by a mortal, Neil a friend of Dream, though you may ask if Neil is mortal, how did they survive after 500 years? Simple Lanny used magic on them as part of a deal, though the magic only last til Dream is no longer trapped.