Chapter 9 - Black & White with Red Xs

Cross is stuck.

A skeleton dressed in monochrome clothing is stuck in a never ending white void. And Cross is lonely. Cross has someone to talk to, but he isn't really cooperative. Chara while being small and child-like, is a brat. Cross and Chara might have one or two sentences per chat before those sentences turns into insults hurled against each other. And even then they can't really get away from each other due to a 'incident' which cause their souls to be merged, Cross being the corporeal one while Chara the phantom.

Well I guess he was lonely till a certain light-gradient cloaked monster somehow appeared in this endless blankness. The monster in question was a skeleton, and introduced themselves as Brushwork. Cross was a bit confuse on why someone would ever name their child 'Brushwork', but Brushwork explain that their name was only a nickname due to him not being allowed to say their own name.

Brushwork came time to time, Cross can't really keep track of time. Brushwork was like hope, they brought excitement to the mundane waits in the blankness, they provided books, drawing material, seating and... well food, though Cross couldn't tell if he needed food or not due to the unknown amount of time he had waited here. But most importantly Brushwork taught him about AUs, adding that they weren't actually permitted to teach him about it.

Brushwork is a friend, a mentor, someone to trust. Cross tells himself.

But Cross ask Brushwork one question, is there a way to 'revive' an AU? No, Brushwork answered.

Cross had hope that one day, if asked, Brushwork will be willing to help him return his AU to it's former glory, bring back his beloved family and friends. But that hope was crushed by that one, no.

Even after the grief of losing hope, Brushwork still accompany him, giving at least something to entertain him.

Until one day, night? afternoon? Cross does not know, a new entity entered the AU, an mass of black goo that forms a rough silhouette a skeleton much like himself. That entity called themselves 'Nightmare', does every AU have ridiculous nicknames?

'Nightmare' proposed a deal, they can help 'revive' his AU, but he'll join him, and work for him even after his AU is revived. 'Nightmare' left saying they'll give him a week time to decide.

Brushwork came by a while later, Cross told him about it. Brushwork told it was a lie, but Cross is willing to grasp at any hope of returning to his home, reviving his AU.

They argued, Cross wanting to have his AU back, while Brushwork was smiling all the way through, his voice did not say the same, arguing back with much shout.

Brushwork backed out and left. 'Nightmare' returned whatever long later and received Cross's answer. Yes. 

Heading into a portal 'Nightmare' made, he turned back to see Brushwork, standing there, just watching him go through. As if Cross didn't even mean anything to him.

_______

"so I may have pissed off an AU I wasn't supposed to" Ink said to Error

"The [FUNK] did you do this time" Error said as if it was routine.

Ink politely stand there staying silent before saying "Nightmare recruited another monster, who presumably hates me now."

"you're [FUNK]ing idiot" Error told Ink.

"I know" Ink said while going to his room.

_______

Sorry for the shorter chapter after such a wait, this was only intended to be encompassing the start of the Underverse chaos as most FGod Aus does only the beginning and put it on indefinite pause, as this is such similarities to others I plan to do the same but not at the same time.

Now this is my sendoff see you next around.

Word Count: 609