Chapter 13

After ending the call Dev sat down in his bed. He understood very well what urgent matter Bose Family wanted to discuss with him. He felt nervous, he went their house before but today he will go there as a prospective suitor of their daughter and afraid about their approval. He went to his closet to pick a dress but become confused what he should ware formal or casual. Which colour will look good in him as he wants to make a good impression on them. He called Riya to his room, Niki also came along with Riya. Riya helped him to choose a semi-formal White shirt and black pant with a black jacket. Niki commented to various scene she saw in films about the situation which make Dev more nervous. Riya called Neha who after listening this just said him not be nervous just be himself and tell the truth, Ranveer gave him advice to touch his in-laws feet and talk considering their sentiments and concern about their daughter. After talking with Neha and Ranveer he felt good and went to Sonakshi's home.

Dev nervously knocked door of Bose House. Sonakshi was near the door so she opened the door and surprised to see him there. She wide her eyes "Dev I mean Mr. Dixit you are here this time? Everything alright?" before he can say anything, her mother from her back said "Please come Dev Babu, Sona we called him." As they walk inside Sona looked at him her eyes were asking him what's the matter and he tried to express that her family came to know about them. When they came to hall her mother indicated to seat both of them in a sofa opposite to other members. When they sat her father said "We don't want to ask 20 questions. We are asking to the point question and want to the point answer. Are you two in a relationship? Let me clear more. Do you two have an affair?" Sona opened her mouth but before she could say anything Dev squeezed her hand which was kept in the sofa and said "Yes Uncle. Its nearly 1 year." Bijay and Asha looked at Sona who lowered her head and Dev rescued her by saying "Uncle, Aunty it's not Sona's fault. Actually we thought to spend sometime for ourselves before involving elders. If you are hurt then am the guilty not her. Please forgive me." Asha said "It hurts Dev Babu when parents came to know about their kids from outsiders or newspapers." Bijay asked "Are you serious about our Sonakshi?" for a brief second he Dev looked to Sona lovingly and then looked straight to her father "Yes Uncle 200 %. She is a part of me, she completes me. I really cant imagine to live without the most vital part of me which is Sonakshi." Her father continued "Dev Babu there is a huge difference between your and our status. When you are Delhi's one of the richest business man at this early age we are just middle class people. Will it not miss match?" Dev took a deep breath "Uncle today I may own a company and exactly don't know what amount is in my bank account but trust me I belong from a family which once didn't know if they would get food next day or not. I used to sell newspaper and magazines in morning before going to school to earn some extra money so my education fees don't get any extra burden to our mother who everyday struggled to earn our basic needs. I didn't had money today have tomorrow cannot have no problem I know I can earn but Sonakshi is too precious for me like a treasure God kindly blessed me. I am lucky to have her in my life. I know you are worried for her but please trust me I will take care of her. She comes before myself in my life." Bijay Bose was satisfied with Dev's answer as he sensed raw emotion sincerity genuinity in his voice and eyes. Her mother said "Actually we are tensed about her, we don't want her getting hurt." Dev slipped from the sofa sat in his Knees in front of Bijay and Asha hold their hand. "Uncle Aunty please trust me I will never ever dream to hurt Sonakshi. I neither will allow anyone else to hurt her. Her every tear drop is more precious than my last drop of blood. I will do anything to keep her happy." Her Dadi asked "We trust you. Does your family know about you two?" Dev turned to her "My sisters know only. I am going to tell Ma." Asha asked "Dev Babu what if your mother doesn't approve our Sona?" He said "Ma loves me a lot. My happiness matters to her and my happiness lies in Sonakshi. So she will understand and approve. She can do anything for me." Bijay said "What you did may be looks right to you two as you are young but from our perspective it's not right. As a daughter's father it's normal to be worried for her future, happiness and emotions. You will not understand now. When you will be father that time you will understand" Dev said "Blasé me Uncle so that I can have one daughter as sweet and good as yours."

After that meet Dev finally manage to impress Bose Family and convince them that he is good for their beloved daughter. Asha fed him Rasgolla as a gesture that they accepted him. Both Dev and Sona felt relieved after that event. Before left her home Dev kissed Sona's forehead with love and promised to tell Ishwari as soon as possible as he wants to take her in their home as soon as possible, Sona thanked him to handle Bose and said he will handle Ma also very well.