Chapter 23

When they reach home they saw the house decorated beautifully and Ishwari arranged the grihapravesh for Dev and Sonakshi like newly married couple.

Sona was all teary eyed in emotion. Niki asked “Ma why is this today?” Ishwari smiled “Because Laxmi of this house came back to here again” and pulled Sona in a warm embrace. Neha said “So finally Ma accept Bhabhi as her daughter-in-law.” Ishwari turned to her “Who told you? Sona is not my daughter-in-law she is my daughter, the best one, better than all three of you” and all smiled.

If anyone was unhappy about all these development was Radha Rani as she never liked Sona and now Ishwari was also going out of her grip.

As doctor strictly said Sona to not take stress so after spending a good half an hour in hall both Ishwari and Dev thought its time for Sona to take rest in bed room. She pouted like a sulky kid as she wanted to stay there and chat but Dev  picked her up in his arm ignoring her protest and moved towards their bedroom.

Sona was surprised to see his boldness he picked her up in presence of elders (Ma, Mamaji and Mamiji) his siblings started to pull their legs like “Bhai will not allow Bhabhi to walk now” “Bhai are you practicing weight lifting”, “Bhai is making up for the miss of gym” Neha leaned towards her husbands and keep her head on his shoulder “learn from my Bhai how to take care of wife.”

Ishwari smiled to see her children happy she promised a sulking Sona “if you rest like a good girl now you will get to have your lunch in dining table with all of us” which make a happy smile in Sona’s face. Ishwari prayed to God to keep happiness of her home and children intact. She moved towards kitchen to make lunch as per Sona’s diet chart. 

At lunch all the food was as per Sona’s diet chart for all Ishwari declared that all have to eat these foods for these week which doctor advice for Sona like soup, dal, high protein food, lots of green vegetable, pannier,  fruits, juice, card and all food without much spice.

Sona made a face while she was handed over a glass of milk but she came to know that her loving mother is quite strict while health is concern so she had no other option but  gulp it down none of her excuses save her from drinking milk.

After that Ishwari awarded her a small affectionate kiss in her forehead and a bar of chocolate “You will get these prize every time you will finish a glass of milk” and Sona hugged her like a teenager girl. 

After lunch when everyone went to their room to take rest Dev came to Ishwari’s room after tucked sleeping Sona in bed and leaving Neha beside her bedside..

Ishwari was waiting for him to know about Sona’s reports and condition. He told her everything and added “Ma I don’t know what will happen I am afraid. She loves kids if she never ever able to … that will not go well with her. I am and will be happy with her only I really don’t need kids but she will feel guilty.”

IShwari pulled Dev in her lap “nothing bad will happen to her because we will not let that happened. We will take good care of her. We both will be always there for her and to protect her from her as well as from others also. If she feel need of a baby badly then we can adopt also but I believe it will not need.”

Dev felt light hearted after getting assurance from his mother and left to check on Sona. After Dev leave Ishwari felt guilty she called these upon them. If heir of this family never come then not Sona but she will be responsible for that. She vowed to herself to never let any guilt feeling come to Sona’s mind and protect her from taunt from society.

Radha Rani came to her “Jiji I accidentally heard your and Dev’s conversation while I was going to kitchen. I felt very sorry for you. You never will get happiness of having grandchildren, Dev will not get his own children that’s really sad.  What use of a daughter-in-law who cant give a heir to a family and you know Jiji sometimes this issue Couse rift between husband and wife.”

Ishwari knew that her Bhabhi has a habit to hear other’s conversation and she understood that she heard last part of her and Dev’s conversation when Dev was talking about his fear if things don’t go well. She believes that Dev and Sona will get their happiness and their kid will play in this house. God cant be cruel but she will certainly not discuss that with Radha Rani.

She didn’t wanted to be rude with her Bhabhi but wasn’t ready to hear anything against Sona so she curtly said “Bhabhi I am tired want to take some rest.” That afternoon Ishwari met her brother and voiced her wish to keep Sona away from Radha Rani in a polite but farm way. Mamaji understood and booked tickets for them in next day only. 

Dev wanted to stay home to take care of Sona but she objected as he didn’t go office for already 9 days so he handed over her medicine to Ishwari. Days went on Ishwari was a strict and on time about Sona’s food and medicine.

Niki and Riya started to check their watch by seeing Ishwari as she was never late for even 1 minute to give Sona her food and medicine. Sona started to share all small small incidents with Dev when he came back to home at evening to make him understand that she will never ever hide anything from him.

After 7 days Dev and sona came back from a checkup with happy grin as doctor said she show great improvement and she can have a normal life and normal food now. Everyone become happy to hear that. That day after dinner Ishwari gave Dev an envelope containing a 21 day tour package to Kashmir. Their long pending honeymoon.