Chapter 8

Neha took a class of her sisters as they met her for hiding such big truth from her. They tried to give the excuse of her being busy and unobservant to her siblings' life and that's why didn't disturb her but their lame excuse earns only an angry glare from their Neha Di.

Eventually, she came close to Elina also and these four become partners in crime to save Devakshi numerous times in various situations from other family members. Dev's sisters were happy and grateful to Sonakshi for bringing a different Dev out who enjoys light moments and time with them, laughs and whom they can annoy without fearing of any outburst. Indeed Dev came close to his sisters, just from a caring elder brother he became a friend of them also, with whom they can share their all happiness and little problems freely. 

He enjoys quality time with these 5 lovely ladies and Sourav but sometimes gets irritated when he pins for alone romantic cozy time with his lady love. But Iswari was not happy with all these developments. 

Ishwari became jealous of her own daughters as she noticed that Dev spends more time with them than her. Their eating outs, picnics on holidays, continuous invitations to Neha's home, and coffee time on the terrace where she can't go were not well for her. She also noticed now Dev now generally calls Niki or Riya to fetch his necessary things from his room instead of her. Her dear bhabi Radha Rani was there to put things in her head that now she is less important in Dev's life. He likes classy and young people more nowadays etc. etc. Though Dev every morning comes to greet her, has breakfast with her before leaving for the office and comes to her room to check on her every night before retiring to his room. Still, those were not enough to decrease her insecurities and fear to lose Dev from her grip.

In Niki's college Fest they get to see another color of their brother. Instead of objecting Niki to going there, he asked her to collect 8 passes for them. Niki, Riya, Neha, Ranveer, Dev, Sonakshi, Elina and Sourav together went to attain the fest. Niki was on cloud 9 to see her brother come and enjoy in her college. Though there was a thick crowd but they managed to stick together during the function. Neha was Ranveer's responsibility, Dev kept Sona near him while Sourav alone guarded Niki, Riya and Eli and told "See this is the advantage of being fat. While these macho thinner men are looking after one girl each I can protect 3 of my sisters alone" Sona made a face and others had a hearty laugh for that. 

 During the event suddenly a guy put a hand on Sona's shoulder. Sona turned to see the man and recognized him as one of her college mates. He tried to talk to Sona which didn't go well with Dev. He put a hand on Sona's shoulder and pulled her close to him then said to that guy "She is already taken so back off." Confusion was written on his face after hearing such words he couldn't understand what he did wrong to try to talk with an old batch mate. Dev saw his confusion but misunderstood it he cleared his warning by saying "She is mine and only mine. I won't tolerate any other near her." And shifted their position by pushing Sona other side of him. Sonar tried to explain but he cupped her face and told "I told you before also you are mine, mine only, I can't see anybody else near you, I can't stay without you. I know am behaving like a possessive boyfriend, I am possessive for you I love you soo much and can't imagine my life without you." He kissed her forehead and then pulled her for a tight hug ignoring the fact that others are watching them. Sona was touched by his words, she also hugged him tight and gave small kisses in his chest to assure him that she is with him and will be always. Neha was also touched to see this loving, vulnerable yet possessive side of Dev and assuring gesture of Sonakshi but again get afraid for their future.

After a few days after that event, Neha met with an old friend of hers Jiya after near about 2 years on her way back from her institute. Both the friends met after a long time and so they decided to chat for a while and went to a nearby restaurant. After half an hour's good chat a Panjabi guy came to their table. Jiya introduced him as Daljit, her boyfriend. Neha was shocked to see him as she knew that Giya belongs to a traditional Tamil family who will not approve of any guy from another community as their son-in-law. When Daljit went to attain a call from his workplace Neha asked Jiya about that "Do your parents know about this relationship? Do they approve?" she sadly said "Yes they come to know but don't approve of our relationship but can't do much as we already had a court marriage before they knew about us. But they are angry with me. Community issues blinded them so they can't see his best but I think one day they will see and as we are already legally married they cant pressurize us for the breakup." After Neha came back home she thought about the same situation happening with her brother only Jiya's parents care about the community while her mother is blinded by her possessiveness. That night she got a call from Ishwari who invited her and Ranveer to Dixit Nivas the next day for a puja.

During puja, Neha heard a conversation between her mother and one neighbor lady and her young daughter who got married last year. She has a troubled marriage and has a raw with her mother-in-law she wanted to come out of the marriage and want a divorce. Her mother was against it. Iswari also supported her mother and said "Beta marriage is not play of dolls that today you get married and separated next day due to problems. Marriage is a lifelong commitment if once you get married then you have to keep it up till last breath. All you, your husband and your mother-in-law have to adjust to keep it going smoothly. A divorce is an option. It is not good for either man or woman. It's also shameful for family reputation." Neha smiled to hear Iswari's view of marriage. She doesn't support her mother's primitive ideas but it gave her a way to save Dev and Sona's love and life. She gets the solution now it's time to convince them.