Chapter 08

"Napakaganda mo naman, mare!"

Tumawa ako sa kaniya. "Nahiya naman ako sa'yo sis mars,"

With her white gown, and has a slit from her legs, she looked so stunning with her hair up and most of her back visible from her backless dress. She put her hair on a bun, a big one in that case and it emphasized her good shaped collar cheek bones and her waist line was more defined because of her  fitted gown.

I, on the other hand, I don't know what I feel about myself. Now that Jiyo is my prom partner, by the way I still can't forget how he asked me to be his prom dte in the cutest and most.... I think impromptu way.

"B-bakit ako?" I remember asking that when he asked me to be his date.

Nagulat pa ata siya. "Bakit hindi, e ikaw ang gusto ko."

My eyes widened and my heart beat a little faster than normal. Anong ako ang gusto niya?! Linawin mo ako Jiyo Lazero dahil ako ay gulong-gulo na. Napansin niya yata ang kamalian ng sinabi niya kaya agad siyang nagsalita.

"I-I mean, ikaw ang gusto kong... i-date sa Salubong, b-bawal ba?"

"Pwede!" Mabilis at enthusiastic kong sabi, then he smiled.

Hindi ko alam, ever since I agreed to be his date parang kinabahan ako ng sobra. Feeling ko maiisip niya na may mas maganda pa pala siyang puwedeng piliin at magsisi siya na ako ang pinili niyang date.

"Napakaganda niyo naman mga dalaga ko," I saw mom at the door.

I let my hair flow freely on the back of my crystal gown. I should be feeling pretty, but I was so scared. So I walked to Mom and hugged her to ease fear. "Kinakabahan ako mama, satingin ko ay magbabago ang isip niya, maraming magaganda, at.... mga mayayaman sa unibersidad namin, maraming mas maayos na puwedeng partner niya, pero baki-"

"Shh, anak." Hindi na niya ako pinatapos. "Jiyo must have chosen you for a certain reason, something I can't quiet tell you yet, but there is a reason why it is you, my love."

"It's me?" Ako ang pinili niya?

Tumango si Mama. "To him, it's you, always."

Hindi ko naiintindihan si Mama. She told me those like she knows something I don't pero dahil sobrang distracted ko, ay hindi ko na nagawang isipin pa ang mga 'yon. I looked at myself in the mirror again when Pip appeared and hugged me from the side.

"If Jiyo will pick someone else later," she started it made me nervous. "Then he's dumb, for dumping a beautiful girl like you, inside and out. If incase he dumps you, then know that he's a trash and you deserve better than a man as garbage as you fear he might be later."

That eased me up a bit, to be honest. But when we arrived at school, ewan muntikan pa akong umatras kaya lang nakita ko si Jiyo. With his white striped inner-polo and his black tuxedo, he looked so fine.