Chapter 22

"You... Nothing compares to me and you."

As Chevy abides with the request of his sister, and sings her favorite song. We were just peacefully drinking with each other. The breeze of the sea and the smell of the wind is so perfect with the situation.

Up for Saiko's birthday here in La Union. Chevy, Ashro, Maki, Chayo, Jiyo, me, Alex, Pip, Ali, Drei, and Azi. We are here in Elyu, all intimate party just for us close friends, and nauto namin si Chevy na kumanta.

"Happy birthday, dear Saiko..." sabay-sabay naming kanta. "Happy birthday to you!"

She smiled and closed her eyes, for a wish, and then blew the candle on the cake. We're not drinking much, more on calm lang, except sa mga baliw na friends na nagha-hard, bacardi at tequila ang tinira.

While everyone was busy having fun, Jiyo and I just sat on the hammock, as he finishes something on his laptop. I just leaned on him a little, and he held my shoulders close to him.

"You should try to rest," I suggested.

Tumango lang siya at hinalikan ako sa noo. "I know, I will, love. Don't worry."

School's keeping him busy since he's graduating. Pero sina Chevy rin naman, sina Chayo, mga graduating din sila pero nag-eenjoy pa rin sila. This must be the pressure just getting to Jiyo.

I sighed. "Stop,"

I said those as I grabbed his laptop away from him. Tumawa lang siya at binaon ang ulo niya sa leeg ko. His heavy sighs are enough for me to confirm na stressed nga siya at pagod.

"Sorry, I just don't want to fail." He whispered.

I nodded. "Tara, lakad tayo sa beach!"

Ni hindi ko na hinintay na pumayag siya, hinila ko na lang siya, forcefully. His nerves are getting to him, since sinasabay niya na sa reviews niya for licensure examinations niya. I was hopping like a little kid, while he was just following me. Nang lumingon ako sa kaniya, my poor baby looked tired. I calmly approached him and jumped to his arms for a warm hug.

"Sorry," I whispered.

Umiling siya at hinalikan ako sa noo. "Ako dapat ang nagsosorry, not only was this so spontaneous, but also this is the first time we saw each other again, after two weeks."

Totoo nga na madalang na kami magkita o magkasama these days, pero hindi naman kailangan na lagi kaming magkita, malapit na rin kasi ang semi finals nila sa volleyball, sabay pa ng finals nila sa architecture, pressured siya.

And I understand that.

It's his last year at APU, and his last year as the Team Captain of the volleyball team.

"Malapit ka na grumaduate, hopefully Summa Cum Laude," I excitedly stated.